Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is 60Fps Possible?

-CM-LongBorn

It's possible, although with some usual optimization. Got stable 60FPS, except when those screen-blasting effects (Mirage's/Nova's/Vauban's) are displayed. At the lowest, I can squeezed out 45 FPS.

And that's on middle-ranged laptop.

If you're over FPS cap run with Vsync as it helps a lot. I run Waframe consistently at 75fps

Windows 10 64bit
CPU: AMD FX6300

GPU: Radeon R9 280x

4gb ram

So while my computer is pretty strong it's definitely no where near the top of what's currently out but does great for what I need to do

Yes, but it seems since u16 the multiplayer causes framerate issues, and it's getting worse each passing update.

I run a mid-ange computer, but I have a few friends that notice decreases in framerate with high-range computers in similar situations. So it's most likely an optimization issue that hasn't been adressed, and for whatever reason it seems to occur almost exclusively with framerates above 60. I doubt it'll be looked into any time soon due to the minority of people who actually play above 60fps.

Edited by Vougue

since U17 just came out can we experience smoother performance on PC? 

What are your computer specs?  I'm a virtual reality engineer (I actually just program but the title's cool).  I might be able to suggest some optimal settings.

If you have Nvidia and GeForce Experience, don't let GeForce Experience mess with your settings;  it's never meant to get you 60 FPS.

GTX 770 2GB, i7 4820k. 150fps all day, everything maxed out. Not a terribly expensive setup if you have a job that pays slightly more than minimum wage (in the UK, anyway).

I used to run a garbage HP laptop that could maintain 30 ish on low settings, so the game is quite scalable despite the fact that the graphics improve update after update. I couldn't really ask them to do much more than they already are doing to accomodate low-end computers.