Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Farming Endgame > Traditional Endgame?

MrTeaRex

From all the posts today (on this and other forums), it appears that I'm in the minority. I personally like Warframe's endless farming endgame instead of a traditional endgame.  I've played MMOs for a while now, originally starting with AC and EQ, to WoW, and finally GW2.  Those games all revolve around an endgame where you continually get stronger.  This congests late-game areas and makes early-game areas forgettable as they fly by.  You only play a small percent of the content in those games more than in passing.  GW2 tried to alleviate this same issue by scaling your character up or down to match the content but, in my opinion, it was much better in theory than implementation.

The way new frames/weapons require mats from different areas, and are initially weak once crafted, provides two reasons to go back and play the other areas of the game multiple times.  You can't take a brand new frame and weapons to Kiste, Kappa, or Xini (well you can, but I think most have the same opinion of people who pull that stunt in PUGs) to level your items as well as get all the mats you need for your next items.  Players progress from the low-level areas to the high-level areas to max their current frames/weapons and farm mats for their next frame/weapons.  Players are encouraged to play many different areas of the content multiple times, instead of the same five raids.  As long as DE can stay ahead of the curve with new frames/weapons, it keeps their entire game relevant and not just the last areas of the game.   However, this highlights the real issue.  It's my opinion that Warframe needs wholesale variety improvements in the different areas.  What is the point in making all of your content relevant if it's all the same terrain, trash mobs, and bullet sponge bosses?  Adding variety seems even more important when your model encourages players to re-visit a large sample of areas, either due to mat requirements or level requirements.

Another recurring theme I see references difficulty.  However, the game is exactly as hard as you make it.  Grab some buddies and take your level 10 frames and weapons to Pluto. (I'm not endorsing this with PUGs, as they might not want the added hassle of carrying you through.  Maybe they wanted an easy mission.)  Would it be easy with your level 30 potato'd frame and weapons?  Yep, but that's your choice.  Could you sprint and stealth your way through each mission?  Yep, but again that's your choice.  Just because DE has provided options to make most of the content easy doesn't mean you have to utilize them.

The professionally drawn graph linked in the following post illustrates the cyclical nature of the game that I'm referencing throughout.  https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/50075-graph-inside-prestige-mastery-most-of-the-time-playing-not-capped-things/

These are you opions.

They do not reflect thow the entire community feels.

Aren't most things in a feedback forum opinions?  Unless it's a bug (which have their own forums), it's usually an opinion.  I was just attempting to avoid the common internet pitfall of stating opinion as fact.  Also, does the minority's opinion not deserve to be heard?