Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Clan Size Limit Tied To Pricing

MyXmaN

Resource prices are too high for small clans, can we agree on that? My friends and i (6 people) have a small clan and we cannot even afford the hallway. 

I understand that dojos are mainly balanced around clans with a lot of members, but what of people that do not want to be a part of a large clan?

What about solo players?

What about giving players an option to limit their clan size? And tie this limit to resource cost of dojo building?

Example:

You limit your clan to 20 people = all the resource costs are 50%

You limit your clan to 10 people = resource costs are now 30%

5 people = 20% 

Basically, you agree that never ever your clan size will exceed X number of people and in exchange get a discount.

What is the point?

1) big clans (100+ members) stay big and can afford anything

2) smaller clans (friends only) can afford some things with a bit less grinding

3) some solo players may actually build something

This will also encourage people to create their own clans. Because as of now i see ZERO reason to go on with my clan. yeah, its friends only, but we are going to see no new research content. Maybe in a month or two we will be able to build a dueling room. If we grind like crazy that is.

And i just dont want to join a bigger clan.

Im sure there are people that feel the same way.

I agree 100% with what you are saying.  An option would be to form/merge with another clan that has the same sentiments.  Believe me there's a lot of us out there.  Right now my friends/family and I are working on a clan that we hope to have around 20 or so players.  If we get more no problem but we aren't going to become a zerg guild (Probably no more than 50 which is pushing it).  We enjoy this game too much to just rush through everything! It's a good feeling when pieces of your dojo are complete!

Im waiting on livestream #6 to hopefully see some insights on there ideas to fix it.

Too much new stuff, and many different ways to get them, I see many rushing to do stuff with platinum, so slowly well see the small flaws and hopefully DE will start fixing this and helping out clans like mine or yours, friends only, nothing over 5-10 members.

The best thing is to wait, everybody started getting pissed at alloy plates, and DE had already said it was being reviewed, I stopped worrying and since the update I grinded over 1000 alloys in less than 4 hours, and not intending to grind them at all. Best thing is to be patient. =)

The prices are a bit steep. I am also in a small clan (I am pretty much the only consistently active member, the rest played for a week or 2 and haven't been on since). I like this idea but I am not sure how much I would want to constrict my clan size. If a whole bunch of my friends started playing and I had already capped the size, I would be pissed.

My gut reaction was "then have a way to upgrade the size" but with that it would probably end up making it cheaper to cap the clan size, build everything, then raise the cap. I realize that is why you said to make it permanent.

Maybe having a cap increase possible but making the price equal to the difference in price of what have had to pay with the new cap.

(thats confusing so example)

Room X costs 100 with player cap at 10

Room X costs 150 with player cap at 15

So if you wanted to upgrade from 10 to 15 player cap you would pay the difference (50) for that room. (extend that to every room you have built)

It would be really expensive as well but would be a start.

I understand you... Me and my friend, we play Warframe just for fun, and with these new updates.. we cannot enjoy the game.. we don't have a lot of platinum for Forma.. we don't have a lot of materials for buildings... If we construct the reactor in 2 weeks, I'll be very happy :)

And my clan is for romanian (I'm romanian, my english is bad.. ) and I don't know to many people that play Warframe... only me and 3 friends (2 of them play ocasionaly... ).

So, devs, please read this topic! We want to enjoy the game... 

And I don't have enought money to pay for platinum ( I play also other online games that needs real money...).