Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Any Thoughts About Gamescon 2015, Star Wars Battlefront Fighter Squadron Gametype Reveal?

(XBOX)LordPuck

Ive seen videos of the Gamescon reveal of this new gametype for Star Wars Battlefront. To me it seems like a mix of Attrition from Titanfall + Vip + Defector. 

20v20 players

10 AI per team

10 players per team

Scoring: (I cant confirm this yet)

It seems bots are worth 1 point.

Players are worth 3 points.

Shuttles are worth 20 points.

First team to reach 200 points wins.

A powerup system for weapons, boosters and Heroes.(not sure if you disappear midflight, then reappear elsewhere as as Hero.)

That would be exploitable in a dofight.

Radar was a simple circle on the right at bottom. Enemy missile lockons were simply "Enemy Targetting" or I belive, will doublecheck, "Missile Detected", in a small rectagle above the first person cockpit view. I didnt see this during third person in any trailer. Ill assume its there if youre targeted. 

Lockon were very simple from what I saw. It allowed for easy tracking of targets in a large dogfight and freedom of movement. It also seemed to increase non missilie fire(lasers, damage and accuracy, while in range. I think, not sure.)

After hearing EA and Dice wouldnt have "Space Battles" they changed their minds.

Its great that EA and Dice deciced to include an Air Superiority Gt for Star Wars, though.

Feel free to leave your thoughts or comments.

Edited by (XB1)LordPuck

Looks nice, and looks smooth to play, although I probably would not be rushing to buy it the instant it comes up, just in case there are any undesired traps and/or major bugs that would end up with more frustration than fun. 

Then again, does it have single-player mode? I know the last two Battlefront games do not have a very good single-player mode, but I still like some of it. 

Looks nice, and looks smooth to play, although I probably would not be rushing to buy it the instant it comes up, just in case there are any undesired traps and/or major bugs that would end up with more frustration than fun. 

Then again, does it have single-player mode? I know the last two Battlefront games do not have a very good single-player mode, but I still like some of it. 

Not sure whether it will be available as an offline mode yet. It would be nice but the Fighter Squadron gt seems designed for 20v20 play.

10 bots per team.

10 players per team.

It looks fun, I had to change my pants when I saw Slave I go after the Millennium Falcon. I just hope the fighters aren't wonky like jets in BF4.

I thought it was odd that the biggest complaints from videos Ive seen, are

"yep, its Air Superiorty", "Its a distraction", "needs more things shooting at us or to destroy(like Capital Ships and Frigates)"

Maybe I missed something but not one complaint about the Radar as a 2d effect or the missile warning + lockon. These seem very useful to warframe imo.   

I added to my post aboove.

Edited by (XB1)LordPuck