The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Upgraded To Windows 10, Warframe Crashes Randomly

WereMagi

I'm having to use one of my laptop's drives for this process, since the clean install means everything on it was cleaned, thus meaning I can use it for this.

I'm just having to decide what lives and what dies now... the things we do to please Ordis.

Clean Install of Windows 10 done... at the expanse of seemingly losing my free upgrade and needing a to buy a Product key to activate my windows.

I'm just done now. I don't care if I can play Warframe now, I just screwed myself over by reinstalling windows to fix one small issue and cause a greater one.

Well, Warframe doesn't crash anymore, so this is technically one way to fix it... 

if you do the upgrade and not a clean install and don't mind doing all the hurdles, it works. But if you copy of 10 can't generate/find the old key, I have space on my boat.

• 1 month later...

Just installed warframe yesterday, im also running windows 10 on my laptop, sadly i didn't work as well (crash, stuck at the launcher, freeze and exit) i decide to reset my laptop (remove everything) and now it work but I have to redownload again for few hours, It was worth it though warframe in windows 10 runs much better than windows 8.1, this is how I fix the steam version of warframe though, if you don't want to reset your laptop you can download from the warframe website and install it (I test it before cleaning my laptop, it work but I decide to play in steam instead xD). unless if you want to play in steam then I think you don't have any choice but reset your laptop. this is just an update in case if anyone still have this problem hope it will fix your problem!