Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wall Latch And Aim Glide Are Much More Fun In The Dojo...

Flibbertigibbety

Wall Latch and Aim glide are more fun in the dojo, and for one simply reason. Aim does NOTHING in the dojo because you have no weapon equipped. The result is a much more enjoyable use of glide with much more visibility... and an easier to use, more responsive wall latch that does not hinder your aiming or view much at all.

The fact that these 2 fantastic abilities have been so heavily hindered because of a keybinding issue is disappointing. I could easily use these abilities and aim if I wanted to the the option to do so was available.

Suggested solution? Bind both "Glide" and "Wall Latch" to a single new keybinding, or make it usable with another dual purpose key binding. In this case, players could choose to bind with aim, or context key, or some other ability that simply isn't coming to mind.

I think it would be a much more enjoyable experience, and make these abilities far more diverse as well as useful.

If you're not sure about what I'm talking about, just go to one of the big rooms in the dojo (one with pillars), and practice. You'll see the difference quite clearly. That, and the fact that the ability to not be zoomed in for either is already in the game. It's just not accessible.

Right? I wonder if that was the original design, and there were simply no more buttons to use to activate it... so they just decided to use aim. Some buttons simply wouldn't work because they perform other actions... such as roll or crouch (in mid air, anyways), but some might work. Perhaps sprint, use, or aim could be viable options to bind.

If the ability was toggleable and canceled upon another action (such as landing or jumping), it would be less intrusive for console players to use, and perhaps easier in general.

I also think that the time limit on wall latch is silly. Seems like a forced way to stop us from having fun. That, and I feel that sniper rifles would be far more viable if players could "hang out" on any wall and snipe away. I suppose I can see the issue with that, since some enemies could simply not reach them. Still, it doesn't seem even close to a long enough amount of time to even think about what you're going to do. I really hope that the mod they release to improve the duration makes it MUCH MUCH longer. Like, 10 times the duration.

Edited by flibbertig155

I would support this if we had the option to bind both aim and glide to the same button. Because the new secondary fire is a mess because of the fact that you can't bind your right mouse button to use secondary fire for weapons with secondary fire exclusively.

Edited by Gryphticon

I would support this if we had the option to bind both aim and glide to the same button. Because the new secondary fire is a mess because of the fact that you can't bind your right mouse button to use secondary fire for weapons with secondary fire exclusively.

I'd like to see 2 new options in the keybindings... "wall latch" and "glide". I think both should be bindable to other dual bind abilities individually, that way players that want aim glide can still have it, but change up wall latch to another button... or vice versa... or both totally new buttons.