Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does Wyrm Have A Role Anymore?

AscendantWyvern

I like the idea of giving the Wyrm a shotgun, and making Crowd Control have a large (25m?) AoE with 100% stun chance for (1-2?) second but no damage, then have a decently long cooldown (10-15 seconds?) decreasing the cooldown with level.

They should make Wyrm into a hard defesive role, change his useless Crowd Dispersion ability into one that passively boosts the owner's shields significantly and gives a constant health Regen of one or two points per second.  Kind of like a super shield osprey kind of deal.

Having Crowd Dispersion actually work as advertised would be a good start.

a) It fires when any amount of enemies nearby. I can't count how many times I've been charging at a mob of Corpus crewman to watch my Wyrm fires off Crowd Dispersion against the lone, undeployed turret I happened to run by on my way to the actual targets.

b) It doesn't stun enemies for any significant duration, if at all.

Edited by A5PECT

Having Crowd Dispersion actually work as advertised would be a good start.

a) It fires when any amount of enemies nearby. I can't count how many times I've been charging at a mob of Corpus crewman to watch my Wyrm fires off Crowd Dispersion against the lone, undeployed turret I happened to run by on my way to the actual targets.

b) It doesn't stun enemies for any significant duration, if at all.

It is definitely a start indeed. But Crowd Dispersion needs to do more than work like it's supposed to, it need to perform in a way that stands out and becomes a viable choice against Vaporize and Ghost.

I propose that Crowd Dispersion's AoE stun attack should trigger when:

- You're knocked down OR

- You're knocked back AND an enemy is in range

- WHILE your shields are down an enemy is in range or enters range

That pretty much covers the situations where AoE stun would be most useful. In these situations, you're either unable to defend yourself or your life is in danger. You don't really need to stun lots of people while your shields are up and you're still able to fight.

For it to be an offensive option, I guess you could add an extra condition:

- X enemies are in range

With proper triggering (and the ability working in the first place, of course), Crowd Dispersion would be a very powerful ability, making Wyrm a worthy choice of sentinel, finally.

• 2 weeks later...

I ask this question, not to nerf Dethcube, but to buff Wyrm and work on it to create a niche that is just as valuable as DC and Shade.

Before Dethcube, Wyrm was the coined "Offensive" Sentinel with a proactive firing tactic and a "crowd control" ability. Unfortunately, the Proactive firing was not deadly enough to be useful and the Crowd Dispersion rarely worked right, which led the de facto Sentinel to be Shade.

Now we have Dethcube, an Offensive Sentinel that is ACTUALLY damaging. It has essentially a gorgon for a weapon and the ability to VAPORIZE enemies. So...what role does Wyrm play?

:My proposal:

I propose a change to Wyrm, to make him a DEFENSIVE sentinel. Either make Crowd Dispersion better, useful even, or change it in favor of a more direct defensive ability. Give him a reactive firing ability and a shotgun to defend with. Wyrm is inferior to the other sentinels and should be looked into with care.

They said they buffed him but i still see no reason to have wyrm over dethcube or shade 

1 give him a shotgun weapon instead so if you don't have 2 sets of mods for your rifle that could be an alternative and should give him ok damage

2 give him a new ability that deploys a defensive barrier once your health reaches 50%