Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Re-Ranked Items Don't Effect Profile Mastery (Prestige)

SnuSnu.

So I've used 5 Forma's and just realized that my Profile Mastery has not changed with my item's that I am currently ranking to 30 for the second time. Huge disappointment.

Is this intended? If not and it's just a glitch, what do people do to get their missing Profile Mastery?

Use new weapons? I think this is intended, since you already got the mastery from ranking it once. But I would like to see it be like this, prestige and mastery. You're either paying for it with real money, or waiting for it to drop from an alert or a void key.

I only ask because if you're a free to player with no additional space, and you've spent your earned Forma's re-ranking your current gear, how are they expected to gain Profile Mastery? Delete their re-ranked gear?

This doesn't effect me personally as I am currently Profile Mastery rank 9 and have crafted and kept every weapon and Warframe to date, excluding Frost Prime.

You're only supposed to use forma/catalysts on weapons you like. if you're willing to spend forma/ catalysts as a F2P-only player on your first or second weapon, you're not playing warframe right.

You're only supposed to use forma/catalysts on weapons you like. if you're willing to spend forma/ catalysts as a F2P-only player on your first or second weapon, you're not playing warframe right.

Well you can craft any item in the game once you hit Profile Mastery rank 4. I'm sure there are people who have figured out what Warframe and weapon combo's they'd like to use. I guess they could be stuck at Profile Mastery rank 4 if they decide to use Forma on all the gear the like to early.

If everyone is cool with this then ignore this thread, I was just trying to consider both free to play and paid players.

Well you can craft any item in the game once you hit Profile Mastery rank 4. I'm sure there are people who have figured out what Warframe and weapon combo's they'd like to use. I guess they could be stuck at Profile Mastery rank 4 if they decide to use Forma on all the gear the like to early.

If everyone is cool with this then ignore this thread, I was just trying to consider both free to play and paid players.

Got about 70 Hours under my belt, so I am fully aware I am still somewhat new to the game. Have 3 lvl30 frames (One was the base excal which I sold), the other two are Excal Prime and Rhino. I have a Lvl30 Gorgon, Lex, Gram. I also have a Hek, Dual Bronco, and Amphis that I plan to level. Point is, I am at Mastery Level 4 and some change. Sure ill get some mastery from Hek, Dual Broncos, and Amphis, but that's it.

As it was explained to me, you only get the mastery for anything once. Before polarization, this was true if you leveled a weapon to 30, sold it, regot it, and leveled it again. I just assumed it would be the same for polarization. Glad that's confirmed.

Anyways. I dont see a point beyond Mastery Rank 4. Past that it's just some prestigious. I really hope they dont add any new weapons that require some crazy high ranks. By Mastery Rank 4 you pretty much know what frame/frames you like (and have gotten them to Level30) and which weapons you enjoy. Sure you might try a weapon or two out here and there but yeh, you shouldnt NEED to go past Mastery Rank 4. I really hope they don't screw us on this one.

Got about 70 Hours under my belt, so I am fully aware I am still somewhat new to the game. Have 3 lvl30 frames (One was the base excal which I sold), the other two are Excal Prime and Rhino. I have a Lvl30 Gorgon, Lex, Gram. I also have a Hek, Dual Bronco, and Amphis that I plan to level. Point is, I am at Mastery Level 4 and some change. Sure ill get some mastery from Hek, Dual Broncos, and Amphis, but that's it.

As it was explained to me, you only get the mastery for anything once. Before polarization, this was true if you leveled a weapon to 30, sold it, regot it, and leveled it again. I just assumed it would be the same for polarization. Glad that's confirmed.

Anyways. I dont see a point beyond Mastery Rank 4. Past that it's just some prestigious. I really hope they dont add any new weapons that require some crazy high ranks. By Mastery Rank 4 you pretty much know what frame/frames you like (and have gotten them to Level30) and which weapons you enjoy. Sure you might try a weapon or two out here and there but yeh, you shouldnt NEED to go past Mastery Rank 4. I really hope they don't screw us on this one.

Well in the live streams they mentioned that they were looking into uses for high Profile Mastery ranks, they also mentioned it could be linked to the Dojo Research Labs.

The Design Director for Warframe said there could be weapons that require Profile Mastery ranks as high as 9.

Start watching from 29 minutes and 9 seconds.

http://youtu.be/SesYNaURgLw?t=29m9s

So I've used 5 Forma's and just realized that my Profile Mastery has not changed with my item's that I am currently ranking to 30 for the second time. Huge disappointment.

Is this intended? If not and it's just a glitch, what do people do to get their missing Profile Mastery?

I would say this is intentional to get you to stop metagaming. You're being pushed out of your comfort zone and told to actually learn something here. i'd suggest taking DE up on their offer and learning how to use other weapons instead, because to be honest, it's a really interesting experience once you get over the gamer-ego of being badass all the time.

I would say this is intentional to get you to stop metagaming. You're being pushed out of your comfort zone and told to actually learn something here. i'd suggest taking DE up on their offer and learning how to use other weapons instead, because to be honest, it's a really interesting experience once you get over the gamer-ego of being badass all the time.

If you had read through you would've noticed the post I made below.

I only ask because if you're a free to player with no additional space, and you've spent your earned Forma's re-ranking your current gear, how are they expected to gain Profile Mastery? Delete their re-ranked gear?

This doesn't effect me personally as I am currently Profile Mastery rank 9 and have crafted and kept every weapon and Warframe to date, excluding Frost Prime.

Learn the definition of metagaming before you throw the term around.

And now to get on topic:

I don't get tons of time to play, but I truely resent that to make my rank progress I have to level weapons I don't actually like. If I only get an a couple of hours a week to play, then don't force me to use stuff I don't wanna use. If I have to use things that aren't fun, I will move onto another game that does not force me to do so.

Learn the definition of metagaming before you throw the term around.

And now to get on topic:

I don't get tons of time to play, but I truely resent that to make my rank progress I have to level weapons I don't actually like. If I only get an a couple of hours a week to play, then don't force me to use stuff I don't wanna use. If I have to use things that aren't fun, I will move onto another game that does not force me to do so.

Forcing you?  No one is forcing you to do anything.  If you choose to chase after a high profile mastery that's your choice.

I'd also like to point out that F2P, while it's supposed to have full access to the game (which it does) is also supposed to leave enough out to make it appealing to give something into it. If you're after more weapon slots, you get 2 weapon slots for 12 platinum, which is a very good rate, in my opinion. I've received three forma blueprints in the past two weeks from being awake at the right time for an alert, and considering the weapons can overlap warframes, I don't see much trouble with the current availability with what the F2P has. I was perfectly content with it when I was still F2P, It took six weeks of playing, and two streams from DE that i watched all of the way through to decide it was worth an investment from me. That, and I'm someone who likes to have a lot of options, so I didn't mind having an option to buy quite a few more Warframe slots, especially if we ever get to the point where they become so specialized that it becomes optimal to run certain frames in certain situations.

And we should.  I don't know why they decided on this, it's stupid and makes Forma seem pretty worthless now IMO.

How is it worthless? You're polarizing a slot to make more room for mod points so you can max more and better the gear. If you're only leveling gear for the Mastery rank, just sell what you just leveled and get another, and level it again. The function of Forma was to enable a higher level of specialization to weapons and warframes, and it does so very, very well.

Edited by Sumnus

If you're only leveling gear for the Mastery rank, just sell what you just leveled and get another, and level it again.

I never thought about it that way!  I guess some of the more common BPs I've got like Cronus might be ideal for this, thanks!