Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bundle Packs Are Up On Steam And Are Not....really Good

Egioh

And by "really good" i mean...ewww...well, judge by yourselves :S

Also, if someone could check what are the prices in other regions it would be great. I just hope they didnt do the 1€ = 1$ thingie

I apologize if this is a repost, but didnt see anything about it

WARFRAME :  TENNO PACK:

Price :  92.99€ //  99.99$

This is the ultimate pack for a player who wants the best of the best and wants it right now. It contains lots of purchasing power, a pile of powerful modifications and boosters to keep you advancing quickly.

• 1500 platinum and 100,000 credits to buy all the best equipment.
  • 14 random Common MOD Cards.
  • 6 random RARE MOD Cards.
  • The Affinity Booster will rank up your equipment at a faster rate for a few days.
  • The Credit Booster will allow you to gather credits much quicker for a few days.

WARFRAME :  STARTER PACK:

Price :  36.99€ // 39.99$

This is the perfect pack for a new player to get a quick start in Warframe. This pack offers the flexibility of choosing what you want based on how you like to play. It will open up your choice of Warframes, weapons and equipment and allow you to more quickly advance in the game.

• 500 platinum and 100,000 credits to start stocking up on equipment immediately.
  • 6 random Common MOD Cards to being to upgrade your Warframes and weapons right away.
  • 4 random RARE MOD Cards for extra powerful modifications to your equipment.
  • The Affinity Booster will rank up your equipment at a faster rate for a few days.
  • The Credit Booster will allow you to gather credits much quicker for a few days.

WARFRAME :  GIFT PACK:

Price :  36.99€  // 39.99$

Give the gift of Warframe. This pack is a perfect gift for a friend or clan mate who you would like to reward. Perhaps for someone who did you a good deed or offered helpful assistance? For a friend on their birthday? Or even for no reason at all because that is just the kind of player you are.

• 500 platinum and 50,000 credits to acquire many of the desirable weapons and Warframes right away.
  • 7 random MOD Cards to begin upgrading your Warframes and weapons.
  • PLUS, the Affinity Booster to rank up your equipment at a faster rate for a few days.
Edited by Egioh

i THINK its a pricing error thou.

Look at gift and starter pack, same price, now look at the content and realize that steam lets you "store" anything you buy, including dlcs for games you dont own, for later use (activating/trading/gifting) - unless i'm missing something.

I'll try to get to the confirm purchase screen to see if that option is unavailable to warframe.

Edited by Egioh

oh my goodness who is working on the pricing for DE??? This is absolutely atrocious and painful to look at....these packs are horribly mispriced and are only going to cause DE to lose out on profits. They will lose clients who would have spent money on a pack for an appropriate reward, and they will lower their customer retention for those who purchase these and then find that in game they have very underwhelming items for their funds....

This is ilke a marketing nightmare....if I look at that 100euro pack I can't stop shaking my head....

The base pack deals are terrible aswell for the people in the EU.

Look here : http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=147412730

Price aside, check the deal of much plat you get per € minus the bonus.

Based on the lowest deal, you should get at least 18.75 Platinum per € on these deals.

But when you take the 150(+20) pack, stripping the bonus away, the average Plat/€ ratio is 16.66~ Platinum per €. That means you PAY for the bonus Platinum, even though it should be free and a reward to purchasing bigger deals.

And it's the same on all deals in the EU. Take a look.

To compare the prices in the US : http://images.wikia.com/warframe/images/8/89/Warframe-platinum.jpg

Edited by Second_Measure

US prices are 39.99/99.99 $

€ gets screwed over hard unfortunatly.

Best deals are russian, getting the packs at half US price (-50% starter  -58% tenno) bringing the price LOWER than US web store : USstore 50$ -> 1k plat  , Rusteam 41$-> 1500 plat + extras

Any RU guy can tell me how much pay plat packs from the warframe web store?

Edited by Egioh

As much as I like Warframe I cannot agree with any of those prices. They are asking a hell of a lot for awfully little.

Throw in one or two warframes of the players choice or one starter and one advanced frame, a handful of weapons, mod cards and some boosters and platinum then you would have a pack worth £29.99.

Edited by Reventine

Despite DE being able to make a truly fantastic game, I can't help but wonder if they're giving all their marketing ideas to a room-full of monkeys with type-writers, leaving them for a week, and then blindly following whatever they get back.

Sorry guys. Gonna want atleast 3k platinum + a garuntee that the "rare mods" arent skills, 100k of each resource, 10 forma, 2 warframes, the founders pack grand master badge, a shiney quarter, stalker frame blue prints, an orokin catalyst, and a solar mark for the 92$ pack.

Now when you look at that, you will know how small clans felt when you set the dojo rescource prices.

Edited by Varo_Sanumai

Here is the pack i would release

Warframe Booster pack

$19.99

300 plat

5 warframe slots

5 weapon slots

classic color pallete

random avatar

2 catalyst

2 reactor

2 forma

I would spend 20$ on that i guess

Edited by cknives

Here is the pack i would release

Warframe Booster pack

$19.99

300 plat

5 warframe slots

5 weapon slots

classic color pallete

random avatar

2 catalyst

2 reactor

2 forma

I would spend 20$ on that i guess

Your suggestion is severely biased, as they even out perform the current Founder's package.

Your suggestion is severely biased, as they even out perform the current Founder's package.

Considering the current founders packages are a giant rip off with the way the platinum prices are.(they are more like donations)

Edited by cknives

I was looking forward to buying gifts for friends but at those prices, my friends would think me an idiot for buying any. And I would agree with them.

DE, fix your prices. Don't worry so much about upsetting the people who already paid, the future is more important.

Some thing in their department is wrong because those prices are over the edge.

As of the Tenno Pack, I can buy ~1,500 Platinum for 45€; Find 14 common mods and 6 rare mods in less than an hour or so; Farm 100k in two hours or more; Plus the boosters that are worthless and don't cost much.

Credit Booster (40 Plat) + Affinity Booster (40 Plat) + 45€ Plat (1,500 Plat) = ~50€, plus hours of farming.

Edited by JRMC