Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shoot While Being Dragged

Antiks

With the addition of scorpions there seems to be a few points of frustration during most play sessions. Mainly when you are confronted by 3-5 of the things. Getting pulled around unable to shoot anything is no fun, especially when they are pulling you into mobs with a ground pound stun or worse multiple stunners through a door/wall x.x. The enemy isn't particularly bad on it's own it's just when there are many of them in a crowded room at higher levels. 

If we could still fire a weapon while being pulled we could at least clear out the scorpions or other priority targets. Even if it's just one pistol like when you are in the down state. Or  if you want to be awesome let me cut the cord :P

I really heavily support this. There would still be a short delay from being knocked down, but you would at least be able to avoid inexorable combos. I mean, we can use sidearms when we're bleeding out, why would being dragged by a cable be any different?

Antiks, on 25 May 2013 - 2:12 PM, said:

With the addition of scorpions there seems to be a few points of frustration during most play sessions. Mainly when you are confronted by 3-5 of the things. Getting pulled around unable to shoot anything is no fun, especially when they are pulling you into mobs with a ground pound stun or worse multiple stunners through a door/wall x.x. The enemy isn't particularly bad on it's own it's just when there are many of them in a crowded room at higher levels.

If we could still fire a weapon while being pulled we could at least clear out the scorpions or other priority targets. Even if it's just one pistol like when you are in the down state. Or if you want to be awesome let me cut the cord :P

I'll give this a +1. Grineer already have rollers - at least being able to shoot, as if sliding, would be better while being dragged by Scorpions.

I was actually just about to post this topic. while being dragged, it may be difficult to cut the rope (or cord, or chain,, or futuristic nano fiber, or whatever it actually is.) with a weapon such as a fragor while on your back, but i definitely think you should be able to pistol.

Also, i think that the scorpions should plant their feet while pulling, not be able to walk around.

I really like the idea of being able to shoot while being dragged.  Limiting it to sidearm like during bleed out would make the most sense, but the length of time you are being dragged compared to the time it takes to switch weapons might make this awkward to implement.  Having your sidearm miraculously show up in your hands the second you're tripped would be sort of weird.

I also think that if you have a slashing single-handed melee weapon you should be able to cut the cord.  Maybe limit it by requiring it be a power attack so you can't be instantly free.

It might just be that I have massive shields and always play with teammates, but I don't find Scorpions to be an issue.

If your entire team is prioritizing them then you may not encounter the ridiculous combos they can do on you. I seem to be unlucky in that respect lol. The hook being hitscan means these can be very nasty enemies especially in areas where they can come from all sides. I've been grabbed out of the air jumping a gap for instance.  

They are not deadly at all on their own the problem is when you get dragged helpless into a crowded room, even worse if you were reloading and are dragged in there. Kind of like a commander teleporting you into the middle of a massive hit squad you can be blown up real quick. The difference being that the teleport is really only disorienting and you could still do something like pop miasma and be fine.