Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Resource Imbalance And Credit Consumptions.

Onite

With the release of update 8 giving us a hail of new content, one of the other focuses back stage was the alteration of old content in the game. One of these subtle but critical changes was drop rates and quantities.

One thing i noticed was alot of resources now drop in higher quantities, but also have a reduced drop rate. I'm guessing this is another way someone at DE decided to do to lengthen the new and old content in warframe, mostly because you feel like you're getting more resources, but you're actually getting less on average. You also now have to craft ALOT more of the existing content instead of buying them outright in credits. Another factor is that the new "rare" resources are in the RNG so your other resources also drop less often. Its terribly imbalanced drop rate for something "rare".

Heres some examples:

I have found

9 mutagen samples

24 detonite ampules

18 fieldron samples

All in one night. Yet other more "common" resources have been dropping rarely or not at all. Ever since i started my own dojo, which i've been building by myself, i've been keeping tight tabs on my progress and resource gain. While i obtained all the aforementioned "Rare" resources, i've only gotten about 1k of ferrite, 800 nano spores, and 1.3k of salvage. Which means i've been finding the blue resources more often than common orange ones.

Before this patch i was finding resources much much more often In lower quantities. like atleast 3-4 a misson. -at least-. Which is more consistent and gives you a steady income of resources, its a more surefire drop rate of actually farming your materials instead of gambling for them.

Right now there have been missions where i had killed 150-200+ enemies and looted all containers i came across and still came up empty handed. Thats like 10-20 minutes a mission with nothing to show for it. That kind of drop rate isnt fun, its not work, its just dumb luck. Instead of farming being "how lucky will i get this mission?" It should be "How much of a haul will i earn this time?" Granted if we had the older drop system back, where you got lower quantities more often. This doesnt necessarily mean you get more resources for less work, but it ensures you get your resources when you work to farm them.

As for credits, its been a pretty null resource the entire game for me. I have a gross income of just over 2 million credits. And its still climbing with my wallet fat. Its not like i'm earning a lot of credits in game, its that i'm accumulating credits steadily over time, with absolutely nothing to spend them on. Now, all of these things together, the resource drop rates and the abundance of credits, really seems imbalanced. If DE isnt going to change drop rates, they can atleast bridge a link inbetween resources and credits. Like in dojo construction, intead of a whalloping massive amount of resources (Which again are mostly luck based now.), could instead cost a smaller handful but much much more credits to construct. Like instead of 15k of 5 different types, we had 500k credits, and then 5k of each type?

By doing it this way, you can steadily keep working on your dojo consistently over time by pouring credits into your build. Instead of waiting for drop rates to be kind to you. Of course the numbers i mentioned are only a suggestion, not an absolute. I hate to say i'd leave that part up to DE, but i'm not even sure about that anymore to be honest with the steep as hell resource costs and all.

Another alternative or bridge is to be able to funnel your credits into a system to gain resources, be it a gambling system that works like a slot machine, or a side project tenno mining operation that takes 12 hours when funded with credits to yield you resource results while you're off doing your own thing. (sortof like crafting.) These kinds of things would really help to break up the monotony of "farming" luck based resources, but would still take time and investment to progress, its just more steady, and also more fun. The mining idea also allows you to have the freedom to play warframe without having to stick to a single system or even a single mission just to farm the same resource for -months- for your dojo or equipment.

Credits don't seem extortionate at all, today alone I earned 190K, all I have to spend it on is ammo boxes, building helmets, etc, if I built everything I have (not including that IMPOSSIBLE Latron Prime or Frost Prime), I'd still have 100K to spend on the Dojo, two connector rooms.

As for resources, everyone chips in a small amount, that's not too bad, right?

The only problem, again, is Forma