Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Should Have Happened In U8 > What Did Happen.

Hayden11121

U8 was worked on for quite a while. I like the new maps, although they are different.

But in U7 the mod system was introduced, drastically changing gameplay.
From what I hear U6 had more vitality, and more health/ stats for gameplay.

But here we are, at U8, and nothing changed for gameplay, just more farming.

We have more dojos,
We have stalker dropping weapons
We have more weapons
We have dueling

However. This entire time the RNG system has been ridiculed and ran to hell.
I mean, to consecutively farm for a new frame you must put a lot of work in, but that's another thread to be expanded on.

The RNG system randomly gives pieces. BUUUUT.

They did find a way to actually make a dojo research weapons. Why can't normal Tenno research armor pieces?

I mean, they went through so much work to add this, they forgot that one system was already S#&$.

Now we have Void Keys, and Forma.

That is more RNG to deal with for things that will give us RNG based rewards.

Why DE? Why didn't you change gameplay, or fix your already bad system.

I realize this is beta. But fix one screw up before moving on to another.

You can't polish a turd, and if DE keeps ignoring the important things like RNG to give the people what they want most *Dueling* at the moment that is all Warframe will end up being.

Please DE, when U9 or whenever you decide to release a bigger update comes out, make it to fix the F*** ups.
I know money runs the world, so if you do this I will dedicate 20$ of my next paycheck to Platinum for colors, decal, and really anything.

And I know many others would love the RNG system to be fixed, meaning more income.

Please, take into consideration what many have said. I was greatly surprised the same system was implemented and not even polished. But please, take the time and make the alert system better. I've read many forums and all of them have given good ideas. If any of you readers have the urge to message me a forum link, I will put it in the Edits below to refer DE to them.

I was also super hyped about some new gameplay changes. I had my fingers crossed for upgradable / customizable weapons. But ended with some new weapons, which are cool, but just another thing to use for a couple of days and discard. Dojo duel is cool but there is always host migration going on and dojo research just gives access to more weapons. For which I doubt that they will suprise me.

If I look at update 8, it seems like they need (want?) more money. I get it they need to make a living out of it. 

This game took all my interest like no other game before, but now it seems it's slipping out of my grasp. Such a shame :cries:

GRINEER GALLEON (NEW LOCATION SET!)
-At last we can reveal the Grineer ships!
-Explore vast, rusted chambers evocative of an amazing space-submarine vibe that exudes the gritty bulk of the Grineer Army!
-The Grineer ships come with new vicious enemies, hell-bent on dismembering any Tenno intruders.
-Lieutenant Lech Kril has been training and this already formidable Grineer boss has new tricks up his sleeve.

Farm in rusty ships.

OROKIN VOID (NEW SECRET LOCATION SET!)
-An exciting new tile-set hidden within a dimensional fold!
-Players can buy or loot Void Keys to open up exciting loot runs in the Ancient Orokin Towers.
-Explore the hidden fortresses of the Ancient Orokin race!
-But beware, these are dangerous places, fraught with traps and guarded by the corrupted remains of past-raiders!

Pay or farm for keys

DOJO BUILDING (ALPHA)
-Brand new tile set with Tenno architecture & design
-New set of possibilities for user-created levels begins with our Dojo Building (Alpha).
-Clan members contribute resources to fund construction projects to build their Clan 'Dojo'.
-Architects have total control of the layout, selecting hallways, junctions and special rooms to build.
-Clan members 'vote with their resources', funding the construction to completion.
-Note: Expect a few bumps as this is an ambitious new feature for Warframe: player-created levels! We will be working hard to smooth out the kinks and pave the way for amazing player-built future of Warframe!
-The Dojo can be accessed by joining or creating a clan. Doing this automatically puts a Dojo Key blueprint in your inventory to craft.

Farm for materials

DOJO RESEARCH (ALPHA)
-Clans can build Dojo rooms that open up Technology research options...
-This gives your clan access to an array of deadly new weapons only accessible through the research system.
-Clan members collect research samples and pool resources to fund advanced new weaponry projects.
-Upon completion, members have access to Blueprints allowing them to build never-seen-before weaponry in their Foundry!

Farm for materials

DUELING (ALPHA)
-Clans can build special dueling rooms to challenge your Clan members to friendly duels!
-Clan members can watch the action and cry foul... our small dueling team is eager for feedback and have been careful to balance dueling in a way that only affects the Duels.

Farm for materials

POLARIZE WEAPON SYSTEM!
-Got your gear to level 30? Prepare to Polarize!
-With the newly discovered “Forma”, you can now add or swap a Polarity value on your gear every time you reach level 30.
-Forma can be purchased or found through Daily Login Rewards, Alerts, or possible Mission rewards for completing missions in The Void.

Pay or farm for forma

HUD IMPROVEMENTS!
-Viewing your party’s stats is now a Toggle option instead of Hold key!
-Want to take some fancy screenshots.. WITHOUT the HUD? Now you can!

Turn off my hud while farming.

WHAT IS STALKER?
-We don’t know.. but we’ve heard killing him can garner quite the reward…

Farm bosses to trigger a farmable boss which then gives me blueprints in order to farm mats.

NEW WEAPONS & GEAR!
-20+ new weapons added in this update!
-Tenno crafted Kunai (throwing daggers) available in the market for a silent weapon option in your pistol slot.
-New Grineer weapons added to the Market including the Machete, Dual Cleavers, and the lethal Vulkar sniper rifle.
-By popular demand the Market also now has a single-handed Ether Sword, and Dual Broncos for sale.
-As mentioned above, Clan Research brings 9 exciting new player weapons to Warframe, but you need to build your research facilities to discover them!
-Energy weapons, Biological Toxins and high-impact explosives are waiting to be uncovered.
-In addition to these weapons, there are 5 rare weapons to chase in special drops. Who will discover them first?
-New Sentinel Pet available in the Marketplace...the infamous Dethcube!
-Looking for blueprint components to build your Frost Prime? Seek out the Orokin Towers in the Void!

20 New exciting weapons to farm with.

BRAND NEW MODS!
-Sanctuary - Creates a shield around the player when they are reviving fallen allies.
-Reach - Extends melee reach by %
-Master Thief - % chance to unlock locked lockers.
-Insulation - Reduces effect of environment ice on shields.
-Rage - Damage done to your health is added to your energy.
-Melee Channel - Any energy you expend in casting is added to your next melee strike.
-Acrobat - Reduces stamina cost on wallruns!
-Hawk Eye - Pistol zoom
-Eagle Eye - Rifle zoom

New mods to farm for.

90% of the patch is either pay2win or more grind/farm induction. No new content of any form for the average player which gets only worse if you are f2p.

Edited by Aerensiniac

Farm in rusty ships.

Pay or farm for keys

Farm for materials

Farm for materials

Farm for materials

Pay or farm for forma

Turn off my hud while farming.

Farm bosses to trigger a farmable boss which then gives me blueprints in order to farm mats.

20 New exciting weapons to farm with.

New mods to farm for.

90% of the patch is either pay2win or more grind/farm induction. No new content of any form for the average player which gets only worse if you are f2p.

At first, farming was fun though. A couple hundred ferrite for a weapon? No problem. But now it's borderline insanity. Half of the farming requirements you want to farm for are not even possible to farm for without taking a shot in the dark. For instance, a Banshee helm. Sit there in Xini on wave 5-15 with pubs over and over to get hellfire. While the person who tries Xini for the first time on the other squad you almost joined got a banshee helm on wave 5 while he was afk.

I want to farm and feel like I accomplish something even If I don't get the item I wanted.

Calling U8 pay-to-win is absurd. It is no more so than any other part of the game, and I would say that Warframe is the most truly free-to-play major production game I've ever played by far (though one has to accept that if one does not wish to pay, one has to farm, and frankly, I think that's a fair tradeoff). Moreover, adding content is crucial to this game's success and survival. It is barely half a game in terms of content in a number of sectors. Content updates are important, particularly when the gameplay is very nearly at release stage. If our biggest gripe is the RNG... well, let's revisit the history of RPGs. No offense, but that's a very common and widely accepted system, and would be impossible to completely replace. Moreover, it would be wildly inappropriate to completely replace it.

I do, however, agree in principal. There were more fundamental changes that U8 could have made, and if the community hates the RNG so much, it would be wise for DE to adjust it. I would like to suggest a partial randomization system still governed by the RNG with certain guidelines. Mats and mods will still drop as they do currently, though potentially with adjusted rarities (or not - if everything is common and all content is unlocked for you as soon as you hit Xini, this game is dead and not worth playing; forcing players to farm a bit is one way to increase a game's lifetime, and I actually appreciate that, flawed though it may be; moreover, with the exception of the Fusion MOA Extermination mods (which are mindblowingly rare), all of the mods are quite obtainable - I have everything but Hell's Chamber and I've been playing for two weeks). The important changes would be of this nature: when farming for a Warframe, the RNG would still determine when the player receives a BP drop - and, indeed, it would come (in my mind) slightly less frequently - but the player would receive the drops in order; the first drop would be a Chassis, the second a Helmet, and the third, the Systems. A system like this would go a long way to address a lot of the current complaints with the RNG. This, coupled with slightly more stringent controls on alerts (still governed by the RNG but with rules determining the frequency and sequence of certain alert drops) would solve a lot of the problems with the current system.

At first, farming was fun though. A couple hundred ferrite for a weapon? No problem. But now it's borderline insanity. Half of the farming requirements you want to farm for are not even possible to farm for without taking a shot in the dark. For instance, a Banshee helm. Sit there in Xini on wave 5-15 with pubs over and over to get hellfire. While the person who tries Xini for the first time on the other squad you almost joined got a banshee helm on wave 5 while he was afk.

I want to farm and feel like I accomplish something even If I don't get the item I wanted.

I agree with the last part of your statement. I don't really agree with the example; I mean, I've gotten two full Banshees worth of parts in two weeks, so clearly the rarity isn't unreasonable. And farming Xini does accomplish things other than Banshee parts - namely, chances at rare mod drops. I have the same feeling you do very frequently, but I don't mind Xini for this reason. But in general principal, I agree. This problem is possibly most noticeable in Void runs, where we accrue 7 Latron Prime BPs and 6 Latron Prime Stocks and 5 Reaper Handles and 2 Latron Prime Barrels and not a single Forma BP, Reaper Blade, or Latron Prime Receiver (and according to everyone I've talked to, this is common. Some people have more than 10 Stocks, Handles, and BPs). All of the potential Void rewards, with the exception of Forma, which I have yet to acquire even once, are useless after the first acquisition. It would be nice to see them replaced after their first two drops for any given player with a less powerful but still useful (useful in quantity being the key here) reward. This is also true of alerts. Currently, better than half the time my alert alarm buzzer rings, I see that it's a useless artifact that I already have a copy of and don't use anyway, or even a useful one I've seen more alerts for than I can count. This is fine - these things need to be common or they'll become unattainable for new players. However, it would be nice to see more frequent alerts for things we can actually use in quantity - materials would be one good example, though with some creativity, we could come up with others.

The issue with both of these systems is that they are determined on a player-to-player basis, while both rewards currently drop for the entire squad. This would require some fundamental changes, but would be, to my mind, well worth it.

While we're on the subject of drops, DE needs to look at the new blue resources. They should be dropped from a second table, allowing both those drops and regular resource drops. Those blue resources will be, until further updates, useless in less than two weeks, and they currently make farming the newly much more valuable old resources much, much more difficult. I need 8,000 Ferrite for two of Stalker's new weapons alone and all I can get are Fieldtron Samples, which I can't even donate to Fieldtron research because my clan has so damn many of them (partly a product of the size of the clan, admittedly).

Anyhow, I hope this was constructive, and I have no doubt that DE will address the community's concerns on this issue, as they have on others.

EDIT: I now understand your statement that U8's content is either pay-to-win or grind. Unfortunately, that's the state of the game. For the most part, I don't think it's all that bad, but having read your other posts on the subject, I understand your position and tend to agree.

Edited by PleasureMan

No matter how good intentions are when people go into things, in the end, it all boils down to how much money they can get before they abandon the project for something new. I made a prediction that there would be lockboxes you had to pay for to open. And I was somewhat right. This new Void system is just that. Just be glad that the RNG does not extend in ways that would direct your farming in a harsh manner. I would list the way it has in the past but knowing how DE stalks for forum for bad ideas, I'm afraid me even mentioning it will have them implement this.