The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Vs Prime

(PSN)ozgurozacik

What you are saying here is, "yea let's improve the existing prime........by making a completely new suit, making it better than the existing one, give it the same benefits, and change the name to avoid any sort of backlash." seems legit.

just because he isn't coming back, doesn't give the green light to throw him in the trash ._.

sigh...

Excalibur Prime won't be coming back, but that doesn't mean improvements to him cannot be made in the forms of other suits. 

That was a statement meaning that DE shouldn't be limiting themselves to simply "Prime" or "Normal" if they want to explore possibilities beyond that. Warframe has ever continuing lore and even lore that hasn't been experienced yet. I think it would be exciting to see stuff like "Corrupted Excalibur" or "Excalibur Prime 2" or "Prototype EXCALIBUR (I don't know)", where the Excalibur (among others mind you) warframe is altered by the Tenno. The warframes are simply suits, whose to say they can't be altered as DE continues their Warframe story? Just like I'm excited to see what this Umbra has to offer. 

sigh...

That was a statement meaning that DE shouldn't be limiting themselves to simply "Prime" or "Normal" if they want to explore possibilities beyond that. Warframe has ever continuing lore and even lore that hasn't been experienced yet. I think it would be exciting to see stuff like "Corrupted Excalibur" or "Excalibur Prime 2" or "Prototype EXCALIBUR (I don't know)", where the Excalibur (among others mind you) warframe is altered by the Tenno. The warframes are simply suits, whose to say they can't be altered as DE continues their Warframe story? Just like I'm excited to see what this Umbra has to offer. 

then why should they have same stats as other one? your doing it clear that your earlier post are rubbish by saying that

isn't it ppl like you that are ruining their creativity by saying that umbra should have same stats as prime? and yes they should be afraid of word loophole very much.

Most of us are saying this because of some founders who would be mad (what I would understand greatly) if Umbra would be better than Excal Prime. So we are saying "make him equal" because its the way which is the most fair one.

What you are saying here is, "yea let's improve the existing prime........by making a completely new suit, making it better than the existing one, give it the same benefits, and change the name to avoid any sort of backlash." seems legit.

just because he isn't coming back, doesn't give the green light to throw him in the trash ._.

I dont want him to be trash. I just want to play my favorite frame in its top form, because I'm a minmaxer. I just want equality.

Edited by Monster-T

And like I said earlier in this thread, what's the point of releasing something that is worse than what is already offered?

what I'm saying they should be worse in excaliburs state(since it's prime variant is founder exclusive) or be different as umbra means shadow they could have same armor as normal but higher sprint speed or something like that.

what I'm saying they should be worse in excaliburs state(since it's prime variant is founder exclusive) or be different as umbra means shadow they could have same armor as normal but higher sprint speed or something like that.

And people call ME inconsiderate? That's not really fair to those that main an Excalibur like I do. 

Edited by (XB1)BAMMM Lightning

sigh...

Those are all unnecessary, why would DE release the same frame with different toppings? It is literally pointless. Umbra is totally unnecessary, but some will say otherwise because they want an upgrade to vanilla excal, but then i see those same people say that all umbra's afterwards should be only skins. 

And like I said earlier in this thread, what's the point of releasing something that is worse than what is already offered?

Better than vanilla, not better than prime. He's a variant of the normal one that is edging a bit too close to the prime.

Most of us are saying this because of some founders who would be mad (what I would understand greatly) if Umbra would be better than Excal Prime. So we are saying "make him equal" because its the way which is the most fair one.

I dont want him to be trash. I just want to play my favorite frame in its top form, because I'm a minmaxer. I just want equality.

that is the opposite of what i keep reading. Umbra's stats are currently better than excal, he arguably has a better design, and you want death orb functionality? why bother using prime then? if founders ask for a buff, we'll just get barked at like always "you payed for a skin! you get what you payed for" "No it's pay2win!" "he's still exclusive so no buff" etc.

"hey support our game? we'll give you this exclusive item that will be outclassed and left on the shelf in 2 years!! that will be $250!"

That argument always made me laugh. And? It remains exclusive as they said because it's not open to the public. But they never said that would be the best of the best. Also nobody forced you to buy it. I myself are founder not here, but on Skyforge and B&S EU and I'm very well aware about the founder items losing their usefulness pretty soon and I'm not crying all over their forums because I wasted my money.

That argument always made me laugh. And? It remains exclusive as they said because it's not open to the public. But they never said that would be the best of the best. Also nobody forced you to buy it. I myself are founder not here, but on Skyforge and B&S EU and I'm very well aware about the founder items losing their usefulness pretty soon and I'm not crying all over their forums because I wasted my money.

comparing different games with different founders packages is really pointless

Those are all unnecessary, why would DE release the same frame with different toppings? It is literally pointless. Umbra is totally unnecessary, but some will say otherwise because they want an upgrade to vanilla excal, but then i see those same people say that all umbra's afterwards should be only skins. 

Better than vanilla, not better than prime. He's a variant of the normal one that is edging a bit too close to the prime.

that is the opposite of what i keep reading. Umbra's stats are currently better than excal, he arguably has a better design, and you want death orb functionality? why bother using prime then? if founders ask for a buff, we'll just get barked at like always "you payed for a skin! you get what you payed for" "No it's pay2win!" "he's still exclusive so no buff" etc.

The different toppings would provide different effects, either visual or mechanically. I wouldn't be against it, but it seems you are. Opinions. We'll stop there.

You'll have to take that up with the chinese exclusive. And the mirrored (I assume) we will be getting. 

I believe we BOTH have been stating to at least match the Prime, not necessarily surpass, multiple times. Prime can be matched for all I care. As long as I have a comparable option I won't complain. 

And people call ME inconsiderate? That's not really fair to those that main an Excalibur like I do. 

Aah so that's why your so angry that you cant get everything. envy is not a virtue. and please remember read whole comments before posting about them :)

comparing different games with different founders packages is really pointless

Yeah. At least in this game YOU CAN USE YOUR LOVELY FOUNDER ITEMS ON ENDGAME although if you're bad as hell you will have a hard time. Go and tell your situation to those other founders that really have to destroy their founder items because they're good for nothing. Stop crying once and for all. Your parents should not have lend you the money in the first place. Greedy kids.

Yeah. At least in this game YOU CAN USE YOUR LOVELY FOUNDER ITEMS ON ENDGAME although if you're bad as hell you will have a hard time. Go and tell your situation to those other founders that really have to destroy their founder items because they're good for nothing. Stop crying once and for all. Your parents should not have lend you the money in the first place. Greedy kids.

and your parents should have not let you in forums. that kind of text should not be tolerated

In those games, the founders packages were meant to give you a head start. Again these are different kinds of games. i'm going to disregard your comment because i don't like arguing with ignorant individuals.

When will people get over this? Umbra is for chinese warframe only. Its their exclusivity selling point. If they have it and we dont, forget about it. I say leave it to them and them alone. Exclusivity is good. We have a sister server and you want to steal their unique item to be even stevens. Not cool dude. Let it go.

When will people get over this? Umbra is for chinese warframe only. Its their exclusivity selling point. If they have it and we dont, forget about it. I say leave it to them and them alone. Exclusivity is good. We have a sister server and you want to steal their unique item to be even stevens. Not cool dude. Let it go.

they have umbra prime. we are getting umbra. it will be virtually the same thing minus a few things here or there

In those games, the founders packages were meant to give you a head start. Again these are different kinds of games. i'm going to disregard your comment because i don't like arguing with ignorant individuals.

On Skyforge as an example they give you one of the best mounts (that will be eventually overshadowed by new things) in the last Founder package. Is that only a head start? Well then, I will use your logic and say that your Founder items are also a head start. The pain is real. Deal with the truth. They never said that your founder items would be the best of the best.

Yeah, I dont like the possibility that we will get Umbras stats - but for now its only that; a possibility. It is just as possible that they will give Excal Prime the exact same stats as Umbra.

I think too that Umbra does have a better look than Prime, but there isnt a real fair way to "balancing" a still very subjective "issue". Imho its good enough if the founders would have the possibility to choose which Excal they want to play, without any mali.

Maybe Excal Umbra looks better, but Excal Prime will still be exclusive and with that he will allways be in a way 'more cool' than Umbra.

Edited by Monster-T

i learned one thing by waiting for U 17 ! i dont care about announcements because DE changes its announcement faster then we can speculate about

im done with announcements from whomever from DE and possible hypes etc.

i wanna see facts live at warframe whats up with development, nothing else functions anymore anyway ^^)

they can play with themselves ... honestly

right this time i dont like their faces at the presentations, they are faar off giving any trust in them, even clowns do better (^^

ps: im not raging as well as im talking about my real money which flows into warframe, as simple as that, im customer, not their pinball for whatever ...

Edited by LEEV_

Yeah, I dont like the possibility that we will get Umbras stats - but for now its only that; a possibility. It is just as possible that they will give Excal Prime the exact same stats as Umbra.

I think too that Umbra does have a better look than Prime, but there isnt a real fair way to "balancing" a still very subjective "issue". Imho its good enough if the founders would have the possibility to choose which Excal they want to play, without any mali.

Maybe Excal Umbra looks better, but Excal Prime will still be exclusive and with that he will allway be in a way 'more cool'.

it may sound that way but in use it's not that way excalibur prime will be overshadowed by umbra if they have same stats. and think of future when ppl can't get umbra and DE would add again something cooler with same stats...wouldn't it hurt quite bit if umbra actually had 500p price tag on it?

On Skyforge as an example they give you one of the best mounts (that will be eventually overshadowed by new things) in the last Founder package. Is that only a head start? Well then, I will use your logic and say that your Founder items are also a head start. The pain is real. Deal with the truth. They never said that your founder items would be the best of the best.

i specifically recall them saying that all frames will be made viable......OMG that includes starters! Also they never said they were head starts. just prime versions of existing items, which, by the definition of modern primes, means they are better counterparts. sooooo again, your argument is void.

Maybe Excal Umbra looks better, but Excal Prime will still be exclusive and with that he will allway be in a way 'more cool'.

From the information gathered, umbra will have the same stats as the chinese version. In all honesty, if they give umbra the same stats as the chinese version, and the death orb function, what will be the point of using prime? (this is only speaking on the chance that excal prime doesn't get anything done to him) exclusivity aside, there isn't much reason to.

it may sound that way but in use it's not that way excalibur prime will be overshadowed by umbra if they have same stats. and think of future when ppl can't get umbra and DE would add again something cooler with same stats...wouldn't it hurt quite bit if umbra actually had 500p price tag on it?

Thats pure speculation. We dont know yet for sure if Excal Umbra will be exclusive in any way or if he would be only accesable for plat.

Thats pure speculation. We dont know yet for sure if Excal Umbra will be exclusive in any way or if he would be only accesable for plat.

it is been stated that umbra will be exclusive, it can be gotten for a month after it comes and never come back and that plat thing was there to ask you what it would feel not about what it will be