Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Vs Prime

(PSN)ozgurozacik

What if Umbras are (enhanced/prime) warframes for a different playable faction that is not under the control of Lotus?

Whatever the case, as a person who already spent 1000+ hours and have all the frames (except excal prime), i wouldn't mind having more iterations of a frame as long they arent skins with the same stats.

Though it would interesting to see if umbras are going to be like the vandals/wraiths/prisma versions of frames where the stats are different.

Same here. I just finished farming ash prime, rounding out my collection until the next one. It will give me something else to work for.

Since not only Excalibur will have an Umbra version, I don't see any issue if Umbra gear is one step above the Prime gear in general.

If all the Umbra versions will have better stats than Prime versions, I can't see why Excalibur should differ.

If only Excalibur Umbra will be better than its Prime counterpart.....it will be a bit of a nonsense, honestly, like it would be if only Frost Umbra was, nothing do to with founders' stuff.

Though, I suppose the standard Excalibur Umbra will have the same stats of Excalibur or Excalibur Prime, unlike the Excalibur Umbra Prime.

This always unless the Umbra gear is an even superior gear than Primes, as I stated above.

This guy deserves respect

This guy deserves respect

Lol, thanks man.

I'm dying to see the Umbra Excalibur we're getting, no matter what!

And if you ask me, I DO really hope it was thought as a sort of compensation for all the players who couldn't get Excalibur Prime, console players especially.

This is why I'm glad it will have gold bits and will be close enough to a primish look.

Yeah, from what I know the umbra is "better" (Energy?)...also a bit off topic but the Nikana Prime seems to be better than the Dragon Nikana too in every aspect except one that doesn't even matter...I also read somewhere that POSSIBLY only Excalibur will have an umbra warframe since you can't get his prime version anymore...others could get a skin though. But just wait till it's released, or they give a clear statement about the stats etc., can't really judge from looking at the chinese version since it's quite different if you ask me.

Edited by (PS4)TokTheGod

Yeah, from what I know the umbra is "better" (Energy?)...also a bit off topic but the Nikana Prime seems to be better than the Dragon Nikana too in every aspect except one that doesn't even matter.

Please consider that the stats we have seen are for the Prime version of Excalibur Umbra, we don't know yet how standard Umbra will be.

I think umbras should get a star increase in another stat since there is no reason to get umbras if it's the same as vanilla frames. However we don't want people who paid hundreds of plat or hours of gameplay for primes to rage. I think there should be a different stat that is increased. Example: prime gets armor buff and umbra gets a shield buff (or speed). And maybe ability augmentations that make them unique but not overpowered.

Lol, thanks man.

I'm dying to see the Umbra Excalibur we're getting, no matter what!

And if you ask me, I DO really hope it was thought as a sort of compensation for all the players who couldn't get Excalibur Prime, console players especially.

This is why I'm glad it will have gold bits and will be close enough to a primish look.

Agreed. But I'm such an Excalibur fanboy I'll get hyped about anything regarding him. Sans gold bits don't really bother me especially since i think he looks cool enough already.

I'm hoping this umbra will finally build the bridge we can't seem to get. I'll continue my prime access if this happens in support of equality.

Edited by (XB1)BAMMM Lightning

Agreed. But I'm such an Excalibur fanboy I'll get hyped about anything regarding him. Sans gold bits don't really bother me especially since i think he looks cool enough already.

I'm hoping this umbra will finally build the bridge we can't seem to get. I'll continue my prime access if this happens in support of equality.

I feel you, I'm a true Excalibur fan boy as well, any love for him is welcome!

Before the recent Excal buffs everyone had the same Excal as founders with different looks and a different name and cheaper.  It is called Excal (just normal).  It was fine then.

That is false. There were countless threads about how non-founders should get access to Excal Prime even when they were statistically the same. So many in fact that DE came out and said that they would not ever re-release him nor would they release another excal frame that was essentially a prime because it felt shady. We will see if they keep their word on the latter.

Edit: If umbra is it's own frame I wouldn't care as long as it isn't straight better than Excal P.

Edited by Avenwing

Well our Umbra is going to have the same stats as Umbra Prime and Umbra Prime is better than Excal Prime so Avenwing it's a given Excal will be Excal "left behind"

They haven't stated whether it will be a skin or a frame yet. And yes, I did watch the devstream. They did their usual talking in circles without commiting to anything.

Most peaple when they talk about umbra dont seem to get it.

There has been no official word on if umbra is a frame or skin and what its stats or god forsake abilities will be.

We literally know nothing about umbra so the most we can do is speculate.

They haven't stated whether it will be a skin or a frame yet. And yes, I did watch the devstream. They did their usual talking in circles without commiting to anything.

They called it a "FRAME" lol

Also to all of those who are saying it could be a skin why would Prime be a frame and non prime not be one?

They called it an official statement wow people how much more clear can a person get

I mean a time in the dev stream like 3:23 or 24:50.

You know for someone talking clear you really didn't get my question.

Also I don't remember an official statement about it other then its coming.

Edited by -Vanitas-