The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Codex - Mod's Not Retaining Stat Information

(XBOX)I N7 v I

Just a heads up. Once you pick up a mod in the game if you sell it or trade it the stat information in codex no longer retains the stats of the mod or its drop location

. It goes back to ?????????. It needs a fix once the mod has been picked up codex should update and retain the stats of the item & w.e rank is neccesary and it's drop location. It's hard to maintain which mod does what and what you are looking for in the game when the codex deletes the picked up mods stat information.

Edited by (XB1)I N7 v I

Conversely, the codex does keep your weapon and warframe info even if you sell it and no longer own the specific item. I'm not opposed to changing the way it works, but I can probably count on one hand the number of times I have looked in the Codex for mod info. I may have used the wiki for drop info, but maybe a dozen times.

I'm not sure why it matters. If you don't own a mod, why would you spam the wiki for info on it? Is it to see who drops it?

Conversely, the codex does keep your weapon and warframe info even if you sell it and no longer own the specific item. I'm not opposed to changing the way it works, but I can probably count on one hand the number of times I have looked in the Codex for mod info. I may have used the wiki for drop info, but maybe a dozen times.

I'm not sure why it matters. If you don't own a mod, why would you spam the wiki for info on it? Is it to see who drops it?

Yes the Codex for mods isnt actually for the mods 'per-say', but more for the scanning part of enemies to show you directly who drops what.

Think of the mod codex as a catalog, and the listed enemies (which the drop from) are there contacts for acquiring said items.

Think of the mod codex as a catalog, and the listed enemies (which the drop from) are there contacts for acquiring said items.

Well, there is also your weapons, quests and artwork.

The OP is asking whether the mod disappearing after you sell them is a bug. I assume that is by design, but question whether that is consistent with how weapons work - those don't disappear, but one could argue that is because your progress never does. Quests don't disappear when completed either. I can't see selling my last mod of a particular type, but I guess it would be nice to be able to reference it if I ever did.

Well, there is also your weapons, quests and artwork.

The OP is asking whether the mod disappearing after you sell them is a bug. I assume that is by design, but question whether that is consistent with how weapons work - those don't disappear, but one could argue that is because your progress never does. Quests don't disappear when completed either. I can't see selling my last mod of a particular type, but I guess it would be nice to be able to reference it if I ever did.

Yes... This was covered before on the thread... You restated something by elaborating everything else not pertaining to the OP's question about the subject with a longer statement questioning another matter entirely and ending it on the already stated reason...

Holy run on sentence...

It's a normal thing, as you no longer have the mod in your inventory.

This^

Its logged in there for the mods you currently own.

Selling = No longer own

Yes the Codex for mods isnt actually for the mods 'per-say', but more for the scanning part of enemies to show you directly who drops what.

Edited by (XB1)brenon45

Yes... This was covered before on the thread... You restated something by elaborating everything else not pertaining to the OP's question about the subject with a longer statement questioning another matter entirely and ending it on the already stated reason...

Holy run on sentence...

Seriously? I was pointing out that mods are the ONLY thing in the Codex that acts that way. Probably intended by DE, but inconsistent considering how everything else works there. If the Codex "isnt (sic) actually for mods" as you say, why are they there? The enemy scan portion lists who drops what, so it must be for documenting what mods do. The more you make me think about it, the more I think it is a UI/UX bug and should be changed.

Mods should stay in your Codex at the highest rank obtained while in your inventory just like your weapons and 'frames.

Onlything I have a issue with on the codex for mods..

As The other tabs retain stat information I dont see why the mods are any different.

If a item is scanned or picked up codex should automatically retain the information.

This needs to be added to the game. I hate having to go to wiki for everything. it is a brutal annoyance.

Onlything I have a issue with on the codex for mods..

As The other tabs retain stat information I dont see why the mods are any different.

If a item is scanned or picked up codex should automatically retain the information.

This needs to be added to the game. I hate having to go to wiki for everything. it is a brutal annoyance.

You could try making a informational thread on the General Discussion and only hope for the best. :3