Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ash Rework

Xiusa

So lately I've been thinking about Ash; he's certainly fun but he can feel a bit clunky/messy. This is especially evident when using Blade Storm, how it often stutters and causes some strange camera effects to occur. My main goal was to work around the awkwardness that could ensue from it, but I really wanted to work around the idea that his clones aren't just there during Blade Storm. After that, I had looked at Shuriken and the issues with it. Though there weren't very many; awkward targeting and bizarre flight paths. This new Shuriken is undoubtedly stronger than before and I think that's fine, since all abilities should seem fun and useful.

Smoke Screen has nothing to do with clones and I want to keep it that way, though it is now an AoE stealth for Ash (and allies with the augment) that functions like an actual smoke screen. Teleport was also a main concern of mine, since it was a little awkward to use during high-speed gameplay. It's now also a handy teleporting tool as I think many people have asked for.

That's about it! Please post any CONSTRUCTIVE criticism that you may have, and try to stay on topic.

Passive: Unseen Lethality

Finishers take 0.2 seconds to perform and are instead performed with Ash’s hidden blades.

Shuriken:

Ash and 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 of his clones throw 1 / 1 / 2 / 2 shurikens at his target enemy, dealing 75 / 100 / 125 / 150 Slash damage each. Shurikens will bounce to the nearest enemy within 6 / 9 / 12 / 15m, dealing the damage of that Shuriken.

Smoke Screen:

Ash releases a cloud of smoke with a  7 / 8.5 / 10 / 12m radius. While in the cloud of smoke, Ash is completely invisible. The cloud lasts 5 / 7 / 10 / 14 seconds. Ash is invisible for 2 seconds when coming out of the cloud. Enemies within 7.5 / 9 / 10.5 / 12.5m are staggered briefly when cast.

Costs 50 energy.

Teleport:

Changed to Clone Strike.

Ash sends forth a clone towards target location/enemy. The clone will strike the target enemy if that was Ash’s target, opening them up for a finisher. Ash may recast while his clone is still active or for 2 seconds after it expires in order to teleport to its location. Clone travels up to 20 / 30 / 45 / 60m and gains speed with distance to travel. If Ash teleports to his target while it is open for a finisher he will perform it immediately.

Costs 10 energy.

Blade Storm:

Ash sends 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 clones to his target enemy, marking them for death. When marked for death, enemies take 20 / 30 / 40 / 50% of the damage they take as Finisher damage. After the enemy that is marked for death dies, Ash’s clones will release from his target’s body and attack nearby enemies for 750 / 1000 / 1500 / 2000 Finisher damage. All enemies are hit at least once, and at most 3 times. Hits all enemies within 15 / 20 / 22 / 25m of the target.

If Ash is within 15 / 20 / 22 / 25m and melee strikes while his target is in his crosshairs, he will dash to them and strike with a finisher.

DE just needs to find a way for damage abilities to "scale" to late game. Currently any frames that focus on damage fall off way too hard in late Survival/Defenses. 

And a much appreciated buff would be "recasting bladestorm will cancel the animation" 

Can't tell you how many times my teammates have gone down in the middle of my bladestorm and I couldn't save them in time because of how long the animation lock is.