Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Do You Think About The Current Mod System?

GhostShip20

I raised a similar thread a while ago. I am personally not a big fan of the current modding system. There are so many mods people just don't use. I open my codex and I see so many mods with question marks. And yet I can play the game T4 40 min/waves.

I prefer system from DUST 514/EVE online.

Edited by BaronKreight

The only problem I see with the current mod system is specifically with weapons. Damage and multishot mods for our weapons have no downside, so we are basically forced to use them.

The mod system for Frames seem fine to me.

Serration has the down side if being expensive to max out. I maxed mine out an age ago. But I remember it taking a lot of my cores as a new player. DE should strip all mods of cores when sold to an other player so nobody can skip the process of maxing it out.

Modding can work as a system, but in its current state, it's pretty miserable. In a system that's meant to encourage players to build their weapons the way they want, almost all weapons pretty much build themselves. At times, it actually offers less room for customization than Destiny's weapon upgrade system. At least weapons in Destiny have a few variable perks. There are clearly clearly defined "good mods" and "bad mods", as well as mod that you're 100% mandated to have on every build for every weapon.

Modding is a fundamentally good idea that's failed miserably due to its mishandling. The only way I can possibly see to salvage the current system is to give every single mod in the game a complete rework. 

Edited by 4G3NT_0R4NG3

Serration has the down side if being expensive to max out. I maxed mine out an age ago. But I remember it taking a lot of my cores as a new player. DE should strip all mods of cores when sold to an other player so nobody can skip the process of maxing it out.

Hey don't harm the trader, that's our excuse for huge prices.