The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost Vs Limbo

(XBOX)necroman12

Question

I built Frost a while back, but I found him to be pretty boring (though very useful) just sitting inside my snow globe and occasionally going outside to use Ice Wave (which didn't seem to do much damage) and Avalanche. I have yet to build Limbo, but from what I've read, he seems like he could be more useful since he has skills for protecting teammates.

Opinions?

Limbo is commonly referred to as the 'late-game' Frost. 

I would tell you as what is limbo often refer as, but autocorrect won't let me. 

Reading all of your answers new guy can get very wrong picture of reality. 

OP, listen here, I'll try to be short and underline the important.

Frost is amazing frame, extremely used, useful and generally beloved. Ppl are using it for defense mission types but he is totally valid in survival or interception or even more. He has offensive build type as well, using maximum range and duration build with high EFF (negative STR) you can freeze and armor strip large portions of map and your chilling globe, even if not at full strength will offer protection, slow and freeze enemies, control choke points etc. Every party lover frost and ppl will love when you join. 

Limbo is quite bad frame, generally despised, extremely rarely used and often shun in parties, especially of more advanced players. His powers are very situational, you need cooperation and willingness to participate from whole team if you plan to use limbo, which happens never or as experiment. He is on dire need of rework, his powers revolve around limbo concept which is in itself mixed blessing. Team will be protected but also unable either to use weapons or to attack long range, and to pickup drops, which is either horribly annoying or downright harmful.

He is of partial use in hostage rescue however he cannot do solo run because for some reason he must exit limbo to interact cell doors. Hostage btw teleports if team goes really fast so limbo is not really needed. 

He can be used to protect VIP in defenses however ivara can cloak target too and its infinitely more useful frame then limbo. 

He can be used as revival frame in raids (I guess) but valkyir can do that too, and she can punch some damage if needed as well, unlike limbo.

You can use few more builds on him but they are wonky, unsafe and kill slowly. 

Some people that limbo is just "complex to use" - I disagree, he is not particularly complex, just not all that good.