Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Melee Weapons] Katana-Style Melee Weapon?

YellowJacketXV

I've noticed that for a rather decent oriental influence on the game there isn't really an uchigatana, iaito, or even wakazashi-aesthetic melee weapon.

I mean the current longswords are barely ninjato.

Usually I don't recommend weapons like this in games, but with the overall parkour feel and general aesthetic of the Tenno, I feel it would be kind of a match.

There's a lot of different routes to be taken, I'm just curious how much consideration has been given (if at all) or what kinds of other plans are there for melee weapons. (Since I guess I was beaten out by Scythe fans).

Also, on a side note, will there ever be a melee weapon that has a scaling charge? Basically a charge that'll scale in power the longer you charge, but can be released at any time? IMHO weapons like the Glaive need some form of control with how far the projectile is actually thrown, or even some heavy two-handers to have a massive strike if they're allowed to fully grow. Plus with the flexibility of being able to release whenever the player wants would allow more control.

Just a couple of thoughts, personally.

Perhaps a buy-able skin would work? With the precedent as set by the Dagger Axe skin and its cohorts.

Actually I'd really be depressed if that's the route that DE went.

Sadly, I see it as the most common outcome which basically translates me not actually getting what I hope for as I only buy plat to tater (catalyst). And even then that's not so often.