The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Survival - Better Or Worse?

Pillagius

So far update 17.2.4 v2 seems to be doing OK.

Spawn rate is nice and aditional average of 10 enemies spawning after 20 min is just great and with "more agressive" spawn pattern on top of that, I almost always had something to kill - in a few solo 40 min runs on different void towers got an average of 1.05k kills. Actually it was roughly 41 min, with fairly small difference in amount of enemies killed, so spawn rate is pretty consistent so far, IMO.

Also, since there's pretty much always something to kill, you still get plenty of Personal Life Support thingies, so it wasn't really hard to pile up almost full row of LS towers, but as soon as I forgot to use a tower for a few minutes LS level sarted dropping and further in, when enemies became harder to kill - I used LS towers fairly often, although i still had like 3-4 of them "in stock".

In general the amount of LS most of the time was at average of 50-60%. Guess drop rate of Personal LS and/or time they give can be reduced just a little bit more.

So add something to this - how survival feels to you now?

When excavation came out, it felt like a real survival, tons of spawn, lots of damage from everywhere. LS is what's holding the mode back due to its design of preventing turtling rooms but also preventing any meaningful engagements because more enemies means more LS and RNG based spawn means RNG based LS drops. Make the mode less panicking towards LS and more panicky about getting rocked by really hardcore enemies. Send out some assassin clones, in teams, make camping less viable through force.