The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dojo's Main Hall = 4 Exits

Strac_CRO

my suggestion is that DOJO's starting main hall has 4 exits

(I think dojo will look more natural + planning and adding new rooms to dojo would be easier to clan members)

mainhall.jpg

interesting side-effect: small clans (which don't have resources for corridors etc.) could build small basic dojo with 4 rooms:

dueling room + reactor + oracle + one lab (or similar etc.)

edit: ... small addon to suggestion after checking hall's design

exit 1 & 2 in new design could be like exit 1 (fence).

exit 3 & 4 could have exit 2 design (no fence)

or vice versa

Edited by Strac_CRO

Yeah, ive also been wondering why would they just make 2 doors for the main room. Really restricts building and you have to waste lots of resources and Forma to build with only 2 exits. Maybe its like this so that more forma has to be spent on connections?

This is a brilliant idea as it gave me another idea which is 100% fair to everyone: Variable exits.

As long as you're under a certain amount of players, you will have all four exits available, but as soon as you attempt to join a player above that arbitrary limit (which I'm not even going to begin to guess at this point) you get a warning that EVERYTHING you've built on the two "extra" exits will be removed and all resources refunded. Then said two extra exits are unavailable and you have to build additional connectors as we already do today.

Same goes for the great hall, it should also sport four exits for small clans and only two for major clans.

problem is clan's size constantly changes, people leave and join, so it's better to just slap 4 exits

Exactly, once the number for a small clan is made clear, you will have to make a tactical decision if you're going to stay small or go large. If you go large, you have nothing to do lose by continuing to be large. If your members drop, it doesn't matter as you'll still only use the infrastructure you have created, you just don't have the option to keep the boons from the small clan setup if you go large. But if you go small again, there's no punishment (other than more tedious grinding)

Why can I upvote this once.

Currently my clan has a cross corridor, and one Elevator planned to get 4 nodes. And I stare at the side 'vents' that does nothing but curve down to nothingness.

shortcut to the void

only the game mechanics don't allow us down there, that's what's really down there