Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Feature Request] Gifting Platinums

TowerBuffalo

As the topic title says.

I have some spare platinum that I wont be using in the near future, and a friend of mine could use it.

I know most people wouldn't even dream of gifting platinums, but I think the option to gift platinums would be useful for people like myself.

Edit: To avoid exploits, make the starting platinum ungiftable.

Edited by MaximillionGrantHoltVI

ok. We introduce that, and then, take away every start plat from all the people to make it un-exploitable.
because there wouldnt be any other way to do it. If people would have a minimum of plat to be transfered, lets say hundred, people would always create extra accounts and buy plat with that new account to get extra platinum without having to pay for it. Something like this should never be an option....

ok. We introduce that, and then, take away every start plat from all the people to make it un-exploitable.

because there wouldnt be any other way to do it. If people would have a minimum of plat to be transfered, lets say hundred, people would always create extra accounts and buy plat with that new account to get extra platinum without having to pay for it. Something like this should never be an option....

Exactly.

I'm not condoning the idea of gifting, but what if you had to reach say, Mastery 4 in order to gift? That'd be a rather large goal for someone who just wants the 50 free plat with a new account.

I'm not condoning the idea of gifting, but what if you had to reach say, Mastery 4 in order to gift? That'd be a rather large goal for someone who just wants the 50 free plat with a new account.

Something like this would take away any way for "lower" players, to help each other out....

There is no need to say "never" as there are always options to stop exploits.

E.G. New Player, given free plat by game, can't transfer it until bought lowest plat or lowest founder package on that account.

Solves the issue.

I would love to trade spare plat to people for rewards in events or something. Same with credits.

Always a way around problems, just have to be open minded.

Edited by xXTheLawXx

Something like this would take away any way for "lower" players, to help each other out....

Well if the only way "lower" players can think of helping each other out is through the gifting of platinum, they need to get some friends to run missions with.

E.G. New Player, given free plat by game, can't transfer it until bought lowest plat or lowest founder package on that account.

This would actually already be an exploitable situation. You buy a plat pack with your char. Ok. You get 75 plat. But hey. I could make

a new account, buy the 75 plat and get 50 plat extra, and then, be able to transfer it to my main account. Lets do it every time I want to buy plat to get 50 plat on top of every purchase. This, is actually an exploit....

Edited by Venarge

The exploit is a problem, but if you have to buy platinum before you can gift it, like you said, it is nearly negligible. Remember that they give 'free' platinum by just buying more.

If you buy the cheapest ($5) and get it 4 times on 4 different accounts at 75+50 platinum each (125 per)  you get 500 platinum for $20. Now this is better than the first level founders package (500>370), so it is an exploit. Now if you spend $50, at 125 per $5, that is 1,250 platinum. At $50you get 1,220 from the founders package and Excalibur Prime, so it is at best a wash and most likely better to just get the founders package.

Lets go to $100. You have double what you got at $50 (2,500 platinum), but not the founders deal gets you 3210 (28% more), Exclibur Prime and Skana Prime.

So making it so you can only gift in quantities of 51 platinum or more, or making it so an account that has not bought platinum cannot gift, would solve any exploit issue I can see.

Good point.

The solution, like you said, is to take away that 50 platinums. Although, perhaps making those 50 platinums un-giftable could also be a solution? Or even being obliged to spend those 50 platinums first before being able to gift.

The exploit is a problem, but if you have to buy platinum before you can gift it, like you said, it is nearly negligible. Remember that they give 'free' platinum by just buying more.

If you buy the cheapest ($5) and get it 4 times on 4 different accounts at 75+50 platinum each (125 per)  you get 500 platinum for $20. Now this is better than the first level founders package (500>370), so it is an exploit. Now if you spend $50, at 125 per $5, that is 1,250 platinum. At $50you get 1,220 from the founders package and Excalibur Prime, so it is at best a wash and most likely better to just get the founders package.

Lets go to $100. You have double what you got at $50 (2,500 platinum), but not the founders deal gets you 3210 (28% more), Exclibur Prime and Skana Prime.

So making it so you can only gift in quantities of 51 platinum or more, or making it so an account that has not bought platinum cannot gift, would solve any exploit issue I can see.

It would still be an exploit on low levels.....

And the small plat packages are the ones people are most likely pay for. Thats why I see a bigger problem in that

Good point.

The solution, like you said, is to take away that 50 platinums. Although, perhaps making those 50 platinums un-giftable could also be a solution? Or even being obliged to spend those 50 platinums first before being able to gift.

well. this would actually be a good way. Making the start plat special and not tradable would also solve the problem ^^ Good point

It would still be an exploit on low levels.....

And the small plat packages are the ones people are most likely pay for. Thats why I see a bigger problem in that

It is an exploit at the low level. But only at the very low level. The amount of money 'lost' is tiny, and if done for very long they would actually make more money by people using this 'exploit'.

It is an exploit at the low level. But only at the very low level. The amount of money 'lost' is tiny, and if done for very long they would actually make more money by people using this 'exploit'.

There shouldnt be any exploit that harm the company in that way. the thing with untradable start plat seems good to me.

Personally I think this would be more of an exploit of the customers. It is a trap to create accounts, buy the low amount, gift it, and continue. As it costs more long-term than buying the larger packages.

If anything I would be against this as it would make people who do not do the math lose more money because they think they are getting a good deal. On the other hand Caveat Emptor.

Edited by liavalenth