Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feedback On U8 (Constructive Feedback)

Volt_Cruelerz

I'll be responding in italics

UPDATE 8: Rise of the Warlords
qi6czwS.jpg
ADDITIONS:

GRINEER GALLEON (NEW LOCATION SET!)
-At last we can reveal the Grineer ships!
-Explore vast, rusted chambers evocative of an amazing space-submarine vibe that exudes the gritty bulk of the Grineer Army!
-The Grineer ships come with new vicious enemies, hell-bent on dismembering any Tenno intruders.
-Lieutenant Lech Kril has been training and this already formidable Grineer boss has new tricks up his sleeve.

Really cool stuff!  A new tile set that makes sense with lore is very much appreciated.  I haven't fought against Kril recently, but I can say that the *idea* of Scorpions could be cool.  The problem I see with them is just that you can't escape from a hitscan puncturing grapple.  Fix the hitscan and the puncturing and it should be a much better enemy.  Right now, they can be worse than rollers.

OROKIN VOID (NEW SECRET LOCATION SET!)
-An exciting new tile-set hidden within a dimensional fold!
-Players can buy or loot Void Keys to open up exciting loot runs in the Ancient Orokin Towers.
-Explore the hidden fortresses of the Ancient Orokin race!
-But beware, these are dangerous places, fraught with traps and guarded by the corrupted remains of past-raiders!

I personally haven't played this yet, but from the screenshots I've seen, this tile set looks fantastic!  Void Keys seems problematic though given that things don't seem to be dropping evenly.

DOJO BUILDING (ALPHA)
-Brand new tile set with Tenno architecture & design
-New set of possibilities for user-created levels begins with our Dojo Building (Alpha).
-Clan members contribute resources to fund construction projects to build their Clan 'Dojo'.
-Architects have total control of the layout, selecting hallways, junctions and special rooms to build.
-Clan members 'vote with their resources', funding the construction to completion.
-Note: Expect a few bumps as this is an ambitious new feature for Warframe: player-created levels! We will be working hard to smooth out the kinks and pave the way for amazing player-built future of Warframe!
-The Dojo can be accessed by joining or creating a clan. Doing this automatically puts a Dojo Key blueprint in your inventory to craft.

Once again, things look fantastic and the ability to create a dojo for your clan is wonderful.  The problems of course is that by locking game content until you get access to them, you're kinda stuck if you're not in a clan.  Now, that's not hard to fix, in my case I joined Lone Rangers which seems to be about as loose a clan as possible (large clan that is more or less exclusively for players that don't care about clan cohesion and just want the content).  The problem here of course is that you're basically forcing players into a clan.  Sparring is clan-based.  Research is clan-based.  You see the problem here?  I know "honestly, we really just want you to be in a clan," but you're kinda forcing us at this point.

Also, prices for things are completely absurd for smaller clans.  Idk how you fix this, but it needs addressing somehow.  In addition, prices for segments are imbalanced against each other and need to be addressed.

DOJO RESEARCH (ALPHA)
-Clans can build Dojo rooms that open up Technology research options...
-This gives your clan access to an array of deadly new weapons only accessible through the research system.
-Clan members collect research samples and pool resources to fund advanced new weaponry projects.
-Upon completion, members have access to Blueprints allowing them to build never-seen-before weaponry in their Foundry!

As said above, this is a problem.  I don't exactly want you guys to yank it, but if you're going to put this stuff in, there has to be a way for people who aren't interested in clans to get access. :/  Alerts aren't a good solution IMO as they're so watered down now already plus it kinda devalues the time and effort put into research...  Idk...

DUELING (ALPHA)
-Clans can build special dueling rooms to challenge your Clan members to friendly duels!
-Clan members can watch the action and cry foul... our small dueling team is eager for feedback and have been careful to balance dueling in a way that only affects the Duels.

YES!!!  This is great and I foresee in the future the idea of a clan called "Duel Championship" wherein all members of it would be the champions of sparring tournaments within their own clans.  They would then leave their clans (temporarily of course) and join the DC.  Then the DC would simply organize a bracket and timing for the matches.  Perhaps there could be some reward for the winner (aside from the obvious bragging rights).

POLARIZE WEAPON SYSTEM!
-Got your gear to level 30? Prepare to Polarize!
-With the newly discovered “Forma”, you can now add or swap a Polarity value on your gear every time you reach level 30.
-Forma can be purchased or found through Daily Login Rewards, Alerts, or possible Mission rewards for completing missions in The Void.

Another great thing to add.  My only concern is that by being able to do this infinite times, you'll make weapons that don't start with polarities ultimately better than those that do.  I hope this is addressed somehow.

HUD IMPROVEMENTS!
-Viewing your party’s stats is now a Toggle option instead of Hold key!
-Want to take some fancy screenshots.. WITHOUT the HUD? Now you can!

While I appreciate the sentiment, it's obvious no real effort was put into this given the way the UI elements overlap, the fact that it forces us to look at the mission constantly (do you really need constant reminding?), and most importantly how much exorbitant screen real-estate it takes up to leave it on constantly.

WHAT IS STALKER?
-We don’t know.. but we’ve heard killing him can garner quite the reward…

I haven't fought the Stalker yet, but sounds quite fun and the rewards look sweet.

NEW WEAPONS & GEAR!
-20+ new weapons added in this update!
-Tenno crafted Kunai (throwing daggers) available in the market for a silent weapon option in your pistol slot.
-New Grineer weapons added to the Market including the Machete, Dual Cleavers, and the lethal Vulkar sniper rifle.
-By popular demand the Market also now has a single-handed Ether Sword, and Dual Broncos for sale.
-As mentioned above, Clan Research brings 9 exciting new player weapons to Warframe, but you need to build your research facilities to discover them!
-Energy weapons, Biological Toxins and high-impact explosives are waiting to be uncovered.
-In addition to these weapons, there are 5 rare weapons to chase in special drops. Who will discover them first?
-New Sentinel Pet available in the Marketplace...the infamous Dethcube!
-Looking for blueprint components to build your Frost Prime? Seek out the Orokin Towers in the Void!

ROCKET LAUNCHERS!!! :D The problems tie back up into the mandatory clan status from above.  Also, I'm personally kinda upset that the Frost Prime BP is now available to everyone when it was said to be exclusive.  The Dethcube looks cool and while I'll probably eventually build it, there is the beam bug where the beams don't turn off which looks equal parts cool and dumb lol.

BRAND NEW MODS!

-Sanctuary - Creates a shield around the player when they are reviving fallen allies.
-Reach - Extends melee reach by %
-Master Thief - % chance to unlock locked lockers.
-Insulation - Reduces effect of environment ice on shields.
-Rage - Damage done to your health is added to your energy.
-Melee Channel - Any energy you expend in casting is added to your next melee strike.
-Acrobat - Reduces stamina cost on wallruns!
-Hawk Eye - Pistol zoom
-Eagle Eye - Rifle zoom

Sanctuary is going to make me very very happy.  In fact, pretty much all of these sound wonderful (except elemental resistances).  Resistances are kinda bad right now.  First off, there's no guarantee at all that you'll even get use out of the mod in a given mission.  Second, 12%?  Really?!  This is just terrible.  Armor (much more useful against all things ever and in much higher values) positively dwarfs these things.  These things are up there with Thief's Wit in how worthless they are.

CHANGES:

- Ambient FX for Vauban's Tesla ability have been toned down
- Infested enemy types now play reaction to Banshee Soundquake.
- Rhino's Iron Skin ability once again gives push immunity.
- Rhino's Iron Skin ability damage absorption values capped: but up to a damage (d) cap of: 200 d, 400 d, 600 d, and 800 d based on mod rank.
- Rhino’s Iron Skin ability draws Aggro from enemies.
- Alloy Drop Rates have increased and been added as a resource to Pluto
- Recipes for crafting weapons have been adjusted to a lower resource requirement.

- Ash's Shuriken improvements added: it now seeks targets and multiple projectiles added at higher ranks.

Sweet.  Personally I love the new mechanics behind Iron Skin (even if the max value of 800 could use some love).  My only question is, if Rhino got an aggro, why doesn't Nyx have one yet?  Why doesn't Absorb aggro?  If you're saying "it already does, you guys just aren't noticing it," you'd better check your code for bugs because I've tested it a while back (where it seemed there was aggro, but could have just been luck) and this patch wherein there is definitely no aggro.

Alloy Drops: thank you!

Resource Adjustments: thank you!

Shuriken: does this mean that it's basically identical to Nyx's Psychic Bolts?

FIXES:
- Fixed issue where Vauban's Bounce ability could be used to chain-incapacitate humanoid enemies during their recovery state.
- Fixed issue where some Warframe powers would be available even if you didn't have the mod equipped.
- Fixed misnamed Ash Systems blueprint.
- Fixed some animation event and damage deformer related crashes
- Fixed bug with Extermination Missions not being able to be completed.

- Fix for fused ability mods, it now properly and consistently increases power.

Bug fixes are always good :)

Additional Information:

- "WHERE IS TRADING?" It is still being worked on, not ready for deployment yet.

- Team standing by for bug reports!

- Clan Vault is part of Trading, not yet deployed. Sit tight!

Looking forward to this and I may have something more to say on it, depending on the response I get from a PM...
Edited by Volt_Cruelerz

Your feedback lacks the tone on the major issues with the patch:

- Scam void drops with deliberately lowered chances of dropping compared to other items (https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/51958-dear-de-the-simple-statistical-reason-as-to-why-im-never-going-to-buy-void-keys/)

- The patch leaving the question of end game unattended even tho it was promissed it would deliver on it

- The patch adding even more farming extremities to the game while it exists literally about nothing else (https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/49998-this-is-not-the-type-of-feedback-you-are-looking-for-after-all-your-work-with-u8-welcome-to-warfarmers/)

- Dojo building favoring only big guilds due to pricing extrimities and 0 scaling with member amounts

- Setting 90% of the U8 content behind pay walls

- Having the entire mod loot table stuffed into an rng simulator making it chanceless to find specific items

- The issue of difficulty scaling with loot being left alone (level 1 drops the exact same **** level 90 does)

- No content of ANY form of challenge being added, instead even more farming farming farming from useless enemies

Your feedback lacks the tone on the major issues with the patch:

- Scam void drops with deliberately lowered chances of dropping compared to other items (https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/51958-dear-de-the-simple-statistical-reason-as-to-why-im-never-going-to-buy-void-keys/)

- The patch leaving the question of end game unattended even tho it was promissed it would deliver on it

- The patch adding even more farming extremities to the game while it exists literally about nothing else (https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/49998-this-is-not-the-type-of-feedback-you-are-looking-for-after-all-your-work-with-u8-welcome-to-warfarmers/)

- Dojo building favoring only big guilds due to pricing extrimities and 0 scaling with member amounts

- Setting 90% of the U8 content behind pay walls

- Having the entire mod loot table stuffed into an rng simulator making it chanceless to find specific items

- The issue of difficulty scaling with loot being left alone (level 1 drops the exact same **** level 90 does)

- No content of ANY form of challenge being added, instead even more farming farming farming from useless enemies

Perhaps it is because I'm trying to be constructive here, not just negative and complain.  I also did actually address almost all of those things, though in a much more positive manner than yours which just sounds angry.  I'm not saying I disagree with you, but people are less likely to listen to angry mobs than agreeable ones with differing views.

Zero content in U8 is behind a pay wall.  You can still get everything for free (yes, it can be absurd, but I suggested changing prices).

And just because they haven't addressed something doesn't mean they won't.  Chill...

Perhaps it is because I'm trying to be constructive here, not just negative and complain.  I also did actually address almost all of those things, though in a much more positive manner than yours which just sounds angry.  I'm not saying I disagree with you, but people are less likely to listen to angry mobs than agreeable ones with differing views.

Zero content in U8 is behind a pay wall.  You can still get everything for free (yes, it can be absurd, but I suggested changing prices).

And just because they haven't addressed something doesn't mean they won't.  Chill...

Being positive has nothing to do with constructive criticism. You might wish to look up what the word means. No offense. Just saying.

They did some good things in this patch and I gave credit where credit is due.  I also said what things they did wrong.  So it's not like I said that everything they did was fantastic.  Some things were good, others bad.  I pointed out which was which.

Being exceedingly negative does detract from being constructive which is what a lot of the posts on the forums have been lately.  Being excessively so can also be discouraging to the developers which put a ton of time into this update which is not good for anyone.  I'm trying to help here, not just vent my anger which is what a lot of people have been doing. :/

Obviously, it's possible to do both, but when the rage is so prevalent, I was hoping that a more positive take on update feedback would have a better chance of getting through.  It's not like I disagree with the major sentiments expressed around here.  It's just that I've attempted to frame them in a way that the devs might be more receptive to as well as actually giving them credit for the things they've done right (which not many people have done).

Edited by Volt_Cruelerz

Don't worry about others, Volt. You simply gave your opinion. If someone has no respect for you having a different opinion, then you have no obligation to listen to theirs. You have been polite, and are continuing to be. Good on you. And you're right; a lot of good things came out with this patch too, and it's important to not discount them.

Edited by Kahruvel

Forma problems should suddenly largely vanish once alerts for them start popping up.  Personally, I'm of the opinion that ? Alerts have become dilluted due to the sheer volume of things they could possibly be at this point which means that the chances of a catalyst, reactor, or forma BP are exceedingly rare.  Still though, for clans of, say, 50 people, if most of you get the forma from an alert, you'll still have enough to tack on a few new rooms to your dojo which doesn't seem that unreasonable to me anyways.

Edited by Volt_Cruelerz