The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Take In Balancing Void Drops.

Iraetus

Okay, I know this is know DE's take on making money, but, hey, getting ripped-off is no fun.

Option 1: Make Tower 1 yield BPs and Forma BPs.

Make Tower 2 yield parts, Forma BPs and Forma itself.

Make Tower 3 yield Frost BPs and Forma itself.

Option 2: Each Void Run will yield 3 rewards and the team would have to vote for which to keep.

Option 3: Increase Drop Ratios of Latron Barrels and Recievers to Stocks, Reaper Prime BP to Latron Prime BP, and Reaper Blade to Reaper Handle.

Option 4: Tower II yields 2 rewards, Tower III yields 3 rewards. (Twice or Thrice the handles).

Option 5: All of them.

Combo of 1, 2, and 4.

only change is that T2 is kinda easy so it would have a chance (50%) to be 1 or 2 drops.

But for example:

Tower One Example:

You finish, and it gives you, Reaper BP, Latron Prime BP, and Forma BP. You can choose one.

Tower Two Example:

You finish, and it gives you Reciever, Blade, and Forma. You can choose one or two, depending on which the 50/50 came up with. would have to be 50/50 tho.

Tower Three Example:

You Finish, and it gives you Frost Helmet, Forma, and Frost Systems. No choice, because you can choose three out of three.

Feldgrep, on 26 May 2013 - 7:57 PM, said:

Combo of 1, 2, and 4.

only change is that T2 is kinda easy so it would have a chance (50%) to be 1 or 2 drops.

But for example:

Tower One Example:

You finish, and it gives you, Reaper BP, Latron Prime BP, and Forma BP. You can choose one.

Tower Two Example:

You finish, and it gives you Reciever, Blade, and Forma. You can choose one or two, depending on which the 50/50 came up with. would have to be 50/50 tho.

Tower Three Example:

You Finish, and it gives you Frost Helmet, Forma, and Frost Systems. No choice, because you can choose three out of three.

i would love this

The game should recognize the sea of handles I'm rolling in. Making 1 out of the 2 pieces required to craft super rare doesn't make much sense to me. If they want the items to be harder to obtain, make the level harder. The fact that this is based on luck is annoying.

Here is my thought. Perhaps i have been unlucky but i have done 10 or so defence missions without a void key drop. Now if it is the case the void keys drop about 1 in every 10 defence mission (i did high level pluto and eris up to wave 15) than about every 10 missions you get access to a mission for a single piece or blue print.

If it take 3 peices and a blueprint (all together 4 pieces) to make a single complete BP of any item, that would mean it would take around 40 missions to get all the peices for a single item. Excpet since you can get duplicates, peices to others items it would probally take triple that number to weed out all the exact peices if you are lucky(i think the odds are alot worse than this but im being genrours). so were talking 120 missions to get the peices for a single item (not includeing the actual void missions themselves) and the average defence mission to wave 15 takes you 20 minutes conservitivly than that 2400 minutes or about 40 hours of game play to get a full set of item and its blue print (again not including the mission itself).

Of course im being very genorous there, it could take as many as 6x the number of runs for a decent chance at all the pieces, doubling those numbers.

If forma is only 1 of the 16 items you can get (idk how many items in entirety) and it takes 16 void missions on average to get a forma, than that means 160 defence missions to get a singal forma. Again if it takes 160 defence missions that means 3200 minutes or 53 hours of game play for a decent chance to get a single forma on average. If you consider that it takes 5 forma to make a single conector peice for a clan base than that means 265 hours of gampley to make a single conector on average. Now if there is trading in a large clan, maybe working together and trading pieces could help you to get access to all this stuff, but i got a 5 person clan who all play casually, 265 hours is far to long to be able to make a path way piece. This assumes the drop rate for all the items is exactly the same Ive heard certian BPs drop more than others.

Im not the best math person, so feel free to edit this in any places ive made a mistakes or if you know that the actual odds are diffenet, but the bottom line is that it is to dang grueling to get all this stuff if void missions are not made more accesible. I did some void missions, they are really cool and should be accesible to the casual players as well as the farmers like myself at a better rate, or with an entirely new system that ensures a better drop rate.

With a groups a 4 people farming together these rates can be cut down by 4, since when you do get a forma BP all 4 poeple get one, but still the odds on the farming party getting there first forma together are just as low as one person getting a forma. Having 4 people is even more important when farming keys since each person gets one key, and than each key has a chance to get 4 forma if it is in the reward. Still for people who cant farm together or are casual players this doesnt help them very much.

Im really hopeing this math is wrong.

Edited by ursamajor32