The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, Here Is Why Your Multishot "fix" Will Not Increase Mod Variety

Acidulant

Then DE could effectively say goodbye to a good number of their players. Its one thing to screw over someone over 1 weapon every month with a newer shinier copy. Its an ENTIRELY different ballpark game when you screw majority of your established players' weapon-builds in one fell swoop. You think the guys who had to forma 2 slots on every weapon that he likes to fit in a multishot mod is going to be happy when multishot is nerfed and no longer fit half his weapons?

I'm not saying DE should or should not commit to this change. But if they do, they better be damn prepared to tweak everything properly or face the consequences. Unfortunately, the history of this game's update seems to indicate that DE is not particularly good at catching all the gaping holes immediately following a big change. What generally follows is weeks of rebalancing and fixes to patch up the gaping holes. While I admire DE's dedication to fix things up ASAP, the truth of matter is if they don't tweak things enough and leave enough players unsatisfied, they will have lost a lot of players before they get around patching every hole to their change.

They've done this same amount of damage when they introduced Damage 2.0.... I had weapons that ignored armour nerfed. Mods that gave armour ignore, now gave S#&$ty puncture damage. I didn't really care for the change because in the end, it's just numbers that are being adjusted. The gameplay and other mechanics stayed the same. I care not for artificial power due to bigger numbers. I can just adjust and change the polarity of the weapon anyways.

Then DE could effectively say goodbye to a good number of their players. Its one thing to screw over someone over 1 weapon every month with a newer shinier copy. Its an ENTIRELY different ballpark game when you screw majority of your established players' weapon-builds in one fell swoop. You think the guys who had to forma 2 slots on every weapon that he likes to fit in a multishot mod is going to be happy when multishot is nerfed and no longer fit half his weapons?

I'm not saying DE should or should not commit to this change. But if they do, they better be damn prepared to tweak everything properly or face the consequences. Unfortunately, the history of this game's update seems to indicate that DE is not particularly good at catching all the gaping holes immediately following a big change. What generally follows is weeks of rebalancing and fixes to patch up the gaping holes. While I admire DE's dedication to fix things up ASAP, the truth of matter is if they don't tweak things enough and leave enough players unsatisfied, they will have lost a lot of players before they get around patching every hole to their change.

Happened on destiny when they nerfed auto rifles and such. I left and haven't went back and I know many others as well.

It's my guess (purely speculation) that the extra round consumed by Multishot will be drawn from your maximum ammo pool, not your magazine. Otherwise, it would be completely un-usable on something like Vectis. This would also separate Multishot from Fire Rate mods mechanically, since they wouldn't affect the time between reloads.

provided they at least x2 or x2.5 the ammo reserves of high fire rate weapons then im all for that.

Edited by xcynderx

They've done this same amount of damage when they introduced Damage 2.0.... I had weapons that ignored armour nerfed. Mods that gave armour ignore, now gave S#&$ty puncture damage. I didn't really care for the change because in the end, it's just numbers that are being adjusted. The gameplay and other mechanics stayed the same. I care not for artificial power due to bigger numbers. I can just adjust and change the polarity of the weapon anyways.

ok but take into account that dmg 2.0 was a while ago and we've quite a lot of weapons introduced since then and the playerbase also grew. also the change didn't affect ALL weapons (we only had to repolarize very few of them actually and it was still a pain to do).

i think many players would rather leave the game then have to polarize almost all weapons again.

dont get me wrong i'm all for sweeping changes that improve the game but DE must realize the bigger the game gets the harder it is to implement them without severely breaking stuff and alienating players. i can only hope they are up to the task because the stakes are high and grow along with the game.

like others have pointed out all this change would do is going to make ammo mutation mods mandatory too because guess what most players really want for weapons to make as much dmg as possible. i mean heck when is the last time you saw weapons praised for something other than TTK ... in any game? the whole reason we mod weapons is to make them better at killing stuff.

making room for QOL mods would make more sense to me if they just removed +power mods like serration and built the mechanic into leveling up.

right now to me the only reason behind this really seems "increase the grind" by making us last a shorter time in endless missions and giving us yet another time and forma sink.

Edited by ..atom..