Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Do You Think About Sentinels Survivability?

Fireblac

When I use the shade it never dies almost never even when I play super aggressive or with melee for entire missions but the wyrm and dethcube always seem to get targeted and dropped very fast even when trying to avoid getting into big brawls. My shade might just be lucky because my friends always have their shades die. So I'm just curious on people's thoughts about Sentinels dying.

I had a few ideas but they are just ideas and I'm not complaining at all really. One of them are say having the sentinel respawn so many minutes after its death. It could have a limit of say 2 or 3 times but most missions can be completed relatively fast with or without them so I'd say the sooner the better and why not have it like that if the pet's impact isn't too huge.  As of right now even with the revive mod it takes mine about 4-5 minutes( I've tested it many many times) just to pop back up and sometimes it doesn't even work AND by then sometimes I'm done with the mission by then. 

They are fun little pets and the Dethcube is now my favorite but altogether I think it could be possible for them to never have to die(please don't flame me for saying that it's just a thought not even a suggestion) or be able to be resurrected like with downed people and or just be more readily available to use after dying.  Yeah so I'm only asking about your opinions of the current sentinel system we have right now and no one can really be wrong here. I think besides that we ALL want some sort of sentinel HUD anyways and that will most likely happen too.

Regen increased only increases the health your sentinel comes back with. Not how many times. I hope only once. Lmao.

But, the shade lives because it only attacks what attacked you. And most likely what attacked you is about to be killed by your retaliation.

Not to mention that it cloaks, removing agro from both you and the shade.

Regen increased only increases the health your sentinel comes back with. Not how many times. I hope only once. Lmao.

But, the shade lives because it only attacks what attacked you. And most likely what attacked you is about to be killed by your retaliation.

Not to mention that it cloaks, removing agro from both you and the shade.

Yeah that much I knew, I don't know how my friends shade dies do much though haha. 

The Sentinels could use some work, they're a good start but could be so much more. Dethcube is cool, we just need more utility and control.

Regen works fine, you just miss most of the times when the Sentinel dies (since its mostly offscreen 80% of the time) and since it has no health bar - or any UI at all for that matter. When your Sentinel dies and Regen kicks in he will glow green for a moment but its VERY hard to miss. Each level of Regen you have upgraded grants him an extra life (that green glow) and after all lives are used up he just disappears for the rest of the mission.

The Sentinels could use some work, they're a good start but could be so much more. Dethcube is cool, we just need more utility and control.

Regen works fine, you just miss most of the times when the Sentinel dies (since its mostly offscreen 80% of the time) and since it has no health bar - or any UI at all for that matter. When your Sentinel dies and Regen kicks in he will glow green for a moment but its VERY hard to miss. Each level of Regen you have upgraded grants him an extra life (that green glow) and after all lives are used up he just disappears for the rest of the mission.

Incorrect, leveling up Regen just increases how much health it'll get back when it does revive.

Personally, I'd love a Q accessed inventory item that was a 'Sentinel Rebuild' device.

Tell me you wouldn't happily drop a 1000 Credits to keep a couple of those handy in your inventory alongside the ammo boxes.

The main issue is that both the DethCube and Wyrm will actively attack enemies first, thus drawing significantly more aggro from enemies to themselves. The Shade only shoots enemies that shoot at you first, and thus never draws anywhere near as much aggro from enemies.

However, as fishworshipper pointed out, giving them Fast Deflection, Redirection, Steel Armor, and Vitality (I usually go in that order as the Sentinel levels) goes a long way toward helping them survive picking fights with people.

My shade gets killed most of the time even with regen and high redirection, mostly killed when im taking cover even he should be at the left side covered by the wall, but he keeps on going to the open and let himself killed (i cant see him that much though) and loose my cloak abilities to rest/recharge my shields and while reloading...

I literally said that isn't how it works about 2-3 posts above you...

literally? :D 

As to my shade. Lech keeps on killing him... making it a pain to get back out again... usually get swarmed under as soon as Krill is dead. But thats one way of reviving my shade I guess. 

*EDIT lech kills him when im taking cover from the Gorgon. Please give the sentinels some tactical awareness.... The surgeon general has determined that hovering over the box ur master is hiding behind can be detrimental to your health. 

Edited by Ralthor