Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Longsword Fix (Suggestion)

Jumba255

all longswords should have AP properties and high crit chance because of their thin and maneuverable nature and a big speed increase so that the SKANA has a base speed of 1.5

this would make daggers almost useless though but this I only use dual ones anyway.

The debuffs would be Charge damage and crit damage

Edited by Jumba255

my suggestions are different than yours so i don't mind putting them in another thread.

It's a general idea if it's within the same general area, is that you put in in the same thread.

Ex: buff tanks! + buff tank armor!

Why not put both in the same thread?

I kind of agree, if not too much then it would be OP. Buff normal damage to the range of 35-40, increase the range, and make charge damage as high as dual swords and lower dual sword charge damage.

Edited by BleuNoir

It's a general idea if it's within the same general area, is that you put in in the same thread.

Ex: buff tanks! + buff tank armor!

Why not put both in the same thread?

I kind of agree, if not too much then it would be OP. Buff normal damage to the range of 35-40, increase the range, and make charge damage as high as dual swords and lower dual sword charge damage.

i think they only need the AP and a speed increase otherwise they would rule out the choice of other types of melee weapons like heavys

i think they only need the AP and a speed increase otherwise they would rule out the choice of other types of melee weapons like heavys

What about infested? It'd be very situational, as I use the Cronus myself. I can tell you to rooms and 80% of other situations if I use melee I might as well use the Skana.

Heavies still have AoE and CC, and stagger.

the game needs a normal attack single wield weapon. if you want charge attack damage get a heavy weapon.

Longswords are easy to CC with just jump attack then stab everyone while they are down

Edited by Jumba255

the game needs a normal attack single wield weapon. if you want charge attack damage get a heavy weapon.

Longswords are easy to CC with just jump attack then stab everyone while they are down

No one's going to do that in a defense mission, you'll be toast. Why do that when you can just use a heavy weapon?

Why normal attack all the time when you can just waste like 2 bullets of your Lex into the enemy?

i do that in defense missions and it works really well and why waste ammo if your that close?

Infested missions? In the middle?

Daggers can do that too, just jump spam on a ancient while everybody wrecks on him.

Every weapon has AoE.

Heavy weapons have it much larger.

heavy weapons are also slow and i said before that it would make daggers less needed or used

and yes on Xini i use my heat sword

Daggers have lightning quick attacks, don't forget charge attacks as well.

They also usually ignore AP.

For single daggers? That's another story. They need a buff to crit chance/damage and stealth criticals.

i think the daggers are fine as they are thats why this thread is about longswords and i did say daggers not dual daggers

...I'm telling you why the buff I suggested is fine

Don't nerf, buff the daggers as well then.

If they're fine, how come I see no one using single daggers at all?

Edited by BleuNoir

i do. there are a lot of people playing warframe, you can't see them all.

What areas?

Their charge damage leaves a lot to be desired, their damage is okay at best, and their range is crap.

The only good thing is their speed, but that can't make up a lot of shortcomings for them.

speed and AP and i see them usually on grineer areas. Earth, Ceres, Mercury are some places, usually on raid mission actually. I dont know why but that is where i usually see them.

Do you see anyone on high level missions, minimum 35, use them?

sometimes on Pluto but i don't have Sedna unlocked (im guessing that is the lvl 35 grineer area) which is where i would suspect to see them more.

But yes i do see them on pluto missions, usually the dark or heat dagger.

BTW why are we talking about daggers?

sometimes on Pluto but i don't have Sedna unlocked (im guessing that is the lvl 35 grineer area) which is where i would suspect to see them more.

But yes i do see them on pluto missions, usually the dark or heat dagger.

BTW why are we talking about daggers?

You're saying my buff is unjustified because it would rival Dagger's usefulness, and I proposed a buff. B

But you already think they're fine, so we're at a conflict here, I'm trying to redirect you to a buff.

Why nerf weapons to be on par when you can buff? Everyone is happier.

The game is easy as it is why make it to easy. I'm trying to make a weapon that many people have complained about into a better weapon not start a balance controversy.

There is no such thing as "too easy" in a co-op game, adding better AI would alleviate the very general problem. (Imagine if we had like The Director AI system from the Left 4 Dead series.)

Controversy? This is how people agree on buffs, if we all just agreed unanimously and no one conflicted with each other on what to do we'd have a horrible product.

well actually if everyone agreed it would then be the best product because not one person would have any problems with it and if you don't see any challenge at all in a game then why would you use partners? 

Co-op needs to have challenges or the whole thing would become an essentially single player game with small multiplayer aspects by lack of grouping with random people.

well actually if everyone agreed it would then be the best product because not one person would have any problems with it and if you don't see any challenge at all in a game then why would you use partners? 

Co-op needs to have challenges or the whole thing would become an essentially single player game with small multiplayer aspects by lack of grouping with random people.

You do realize that's not going to happen?

You do realize that controversies is how flaws of any design are highlighted and found?

You do realize controversies brings other peoples PoV?

The difficulty is a long term problem, they're temporarily (I hope) fixing it by making higher level enemies essentially bullet sponges. You just missed my whole AI point.