The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How To Mod Synoid Simulor?

tinyranitar

Question

Just got it today. Saw a lot of people going for crit, but why? 10% chance and x2.0 multiplier make it bizzare to me. 

Anyone exprienced enough with it shows me the way of the simulor?

P/s: Nevermind that guy has arcane avenger

Edited by tinyranitar

13 answers to this question

Two main reasons:

1. You get more sustained DPS with a crit build.

2. AoE headcrits appear to still work.

This is how I run my Simulor on Triton:

QQhJSqz.png

The punch-through is for utility in close-up fights. Less bouncing around of the orbs makes for easier singularity formation. If I wanted even more DPS, I'd replace Shred with Vile Acceleration.

This build has a sustained DPS of 14,450.2

This one...

f1pUlGX.png

...has a sustained DPS of 13,142.6

Combined with headcrits, a crit build is currently your best option. Just shoot above the crowd.

Finally, because critical damage is applied per enemy in the AoE as opposed to per shot, it's more reliable than it seems.

I mod my Braton Prime for crit and it has the same crit stats as the Simulor, 8k headshot crits on a full auto weapon is pretty nice. But Idk how reliably the Simulor headshots so that is an important factor in whether modding it for crit is good or not.

The reason why people are going for crit biulds is because crit explosions still get headshot multipliers.

A 25% crit chance may not sound like much, but you can also be alot more trigger happy with the Simulor over the Penta or Tonkor since the Simulor runs on rifle ammo.

Also due to the weapons unique nature, its piss easy to place explosions where they would deal headshot famage.

Saw a lot of people going for crit, but why? 10% chance and x2.0 multiplier make it bizzare to me. 

5 elemental mods is almost always a bad idea. 4 is pushing it. 6 is right out.

So if you have a Primary with 10% chance 2x dmg Crit that doesn't use Heavy Caliber, especially if it has a fast ROF, and even moreso if it's an accurate weapon, you should probably check in the Builder to see if a Crit build beats sticking 4-5 elements on it.

The Simulor is a bit different in that it doesn't really make good use of Split Chamber, using Heavy Caliber in its place. Also, I'm not sure Shred is as necessary on it as people say. It's convenient, but then you can simply fire into the air to avoid collision with enemies. So I'm inclined to think the best build for it is simply:

Serration, Heavy Caliber, Point Strike, Vital Sense, 4x elemental

Finally, don't bother getting rid of the D polarity. You're going to be using Rad Viral, Corrosive Cold, Viral Electric, or Corrosive Blast on this weapon, all of which use that D slot.

Edited by OniGanon

5 elemental mods is almost always a bad idea. 4 is pushing it. 6 is right out.

So if you have a Primary with 10% chance 2x dmg Crit that doesn't use Heavy Caliber, especially if it has a fast ROF, and even moreso if it's an accurate weapon, you should probably check in the Builder to see if a Crit build beats sticking 4-5 elements on it.

The Simulor is a bit different in that it doesn't really make good use of Split Chamber, using Heavy Caliber in its place. Also, I'm not sure Shred is as necessary on it as people say. It's convenient, but then you can simply fire into the air to avoid collision with enemies. So I'm inclined to think the best build for it is simply:

Serration, Heavy Caliber, Point Strike, Vital Sense, 4x elemental

Finally, don't bother getting rid of the D polarity. You're going to be using Rad Viral, Corrosive Cold, Viral Electric, or Corrosive Blast on this weapon, all of which use that D slot.

Shooting in the air decreases the effective radius of the explosion.

Also, Corrosive/Blast is a terrible combination. You're better off boosting the Corrosive damage with a dual stat mod and thus improving the proc rate of Corrosive (relative to the other elements), the status chance, and your overall damage against ferrite.

The only thing i'd change on storybot's build is take out shred and put in vile acceleration instead. You lose the punchthrough (never thought synoid needed it honestly, personal preference really) but gain a ton of speed and a little damage drop. This lets you shoot much quicker then shred and combine for the explosion very very quickly, substantially offsetting the -15% damage.

I've tried alot of combos with synoid and story is spot on with everything on those builds. Just the last mod i personally liked as much speed as possible (also ups the status chance and dot ticks). Don't let that -15% fool you.

EDIT: Sorry i just read the entire post, already has a blurb about vile acceleration in it. Storybot is spot on then.

Edited by Coaa