Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Getting The Hang Of Hydroid - Undertow Ground Finisher

Jollyfalcon

Question

Hey guys, decently newish warframe player here looking for some specific hydroid advice:

I finally farmed all of hydroid's parts and have been enjoying him a whole lot. Just potato'd him, and now I just need to farm for a Narrow Minded to experiment with offsetting the duration cut from Fleeting Expertise while focusing the barrage/tentacles a bit for more reliable cc.

One thing I've been trying is using undertow as a quick toggle to set-up ground finishers for those heavy gunners and bombards in the void if they're already too close for tidal surge. It seems like a pretty energy-efficient tactic as the casting cost is just 15 base energy. Has anyone else tried this? I'm also trying to figure out what weapons have the fastest ground finisher animations so I could possibly get more than one finisher per cast of undertow. Any suggestions on this?

Also, since his shields are slightly stronger, I was wondering if vigor + redirection is a numerically better combo than vitality + redirection, or if I even really need a 2nd survivability mod since I can just use undertow to regain shields.

Thanks in advance for any advice and suggestions!

3 answers to this question

I don't have Hydroid yet, so I can't comment on this, but personally, I stay away from vigor most of the time, and just try to up one stat. I would say just use redirection, have the extra slot open, and avoid toxic damage like the plague,because that's pretty much what it is.

You could simply ground slam or jump kick them to knock them down for the low low price of zero energy.

Ground Finisher speed is tied to weapon speed.

You only get one Ground Finisher per enemy per knockdown.

I think the most damaging Ground Finisher in the game would come from a Redeemer with Finishing Touch. Should hit something like 45000 damage, before armour and resistances. Unfortunately, it sometimes misses.

As for survivability, Vitality + Curative Undertow.

Edited by OniGanon