The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Random Game Freezes In All Endless Missions

9IR_nullfield

Since around update 17.2 or 17.3 hit I can no longer go into any endless Defense or Survival mission without risking the game locking up and freezing on me, at anywhere between 15 to 30 minutes on average. I have noticed this occurring in many tilesets, though it seems to happen most often in the Void.

Every time this happens (at least 7-8 times to date) I must close Warframe via the task manager and no crash report screen is given following that - so no WAR numbers to submit.

My specs are:

Windows 7 64-bit

Intel Core i7-3610QM CPU @ 2.30GHz

16 GB RAM

AMD Radeon HD 7970M

EDIT 9/10/15: Upon some testing I've deduced that these freezes were somehow related to the usage of the arrow skins equipped to my Attica. Unequipping the skin and/or not using the Attica in-mission resulted in the freezes vanishing.

Edited by Rebulite

Same here, but been happening to me a bit longer. It's almost reliable in that it will crash any game you play long enough. 10x more likely anytime I'm with a party, or on any endless missions.

Either it's a "conspiracy" to keep people from getting stuff, or just code that desperately needs fixing (or rework, overhaul, whatever).

Also, wanna throw in here that I've done all the basic troubleshooting, the advanced troubleshooting, expert diagnostics, and then some.

Might check your EE.log (I have a shortcut on my desktop to it I crash so often) because at the end MINE almost ALWAYS has a GPF (General Protection Fault). Which is either a sigh my older system is dying (unlikely since new powerhouse rigs have similar issues) or there's code that is trying to access too much memory, data in the wrong place, or isn't correctly allocating the amounts it ACTUALLY needs. The last is most likely and is the cause of most modern memory leaks.

If it's any help at all I almost ALWAYS see a memory range on the GPF @ 000007FEECF79359, would normally indicate it's my ram, or hdd failing, but I spent 2 solid days going over my whole computer part by part. I checked EVERYTHING. I'm talking full range multimeter to every contact possible including all sata cables, I even tested every usb device (just in case there was a short I missed), and gruesomely long FULL Memtests... TWICE.  I'm a full time computer technician, btw so I can bet my life on what I say. I'd be homeless and broke if I didn't know what I'm talking about.

Also, I have 20+ games (DX10 or higher w/newer demanding graphics) that I can run no problem, all day long. (12+hr gaming marathons, etc.) THIS game leaks memory like a wicker basket, and the fact it's getting GPF's that kill it every time is not looking good...

[snip]

Pinging you in this follow-up in case it helps you as well, and editing the OP to reflect my findings.

After some testing I've deduced that the issue was related to my gear - the Attica I've been using was consistently crashing my game every time I brought it. Bringing another primary, or using weapons other than the Attica even when it was equipped prevented them from happening at all. It might also happen with other bows - I'm not sure, and didn't care to test extensively enough just to lose all that progress again.

Upon further testing it was related to the plat-purchased arrow skin I had on the Attica (the Cattaril) - removing it caused the subsequent missions I ran to progress flawlessly with no freezes or crashes to desktop, even when using the weapon.

Edited by Rebulite

• 2 weeks later...