Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rocket Game Corner

Dogefighter

Oh, Smogon. That still available online?

Yeah

Smogon, Pokemon Showdown

You make an account by creating a username, then clicking register under settings in the top right hand corner

I currently have 5 teams on there, 4 of which are experimental

I do alright, i have about a 50/50 win/loss rate.  Personally, i blame unbound hoopa and landorous, but that's just me.

You should make an account on there.

Yeah

Smogon, Pokemon Showdown

You make an account by creating a username, then clicking register under settings in the top right hand corner

I currently have 5 teams on there, 4 of which are experimental

I do alright, i have about a 50/50 win/loss rate.  Personally, i blame unbound hoopa and landorous, but that's just me.

You should make an account on there.

Maybe, if I wasn't subscribed to three games already. 

Warframe, Runescape, and Terraria. I'm not sure I can bear a fourth game. 

You don't have to play it though

You already have access to everything, and it's browser based

You just choose your pokes, your moves, your items, EVs, IVs, and your abilities

Basically you just make a team and you can fight with it if you feel like it

There's no metagame to keep up with

You don't have to play it though

You already have access to everything, and it's browser based

You just choose your pokes, your moves, your items, EVs, IVs, and your abilities

Basically you just make a team and you can fight with it if you feel like it

There's no metagame to keep up with

Is that so?

Hmm... might be worth a look, then. 

Yup

If you decide to make a team, be sure to register

And then copy the text from the import/export button in the teambuilder, that's how you can save teams manually (i think it autosaves to your account unless in incognito mode)

Be sure to tell me, i'll fite you

Yup

If you decide to make a team, be sure to register

And then copy the text from the import/export button in the teambuilder, that's how you can save teams manually (i think it autosaves to your account unless in incognito mode)

Be sure to tell me, i'll fite you

One day, when I fully understand the mysteries of accuracy in Warframe. 

How would you link up Heavy Caliber accuracy decrease to the accuracy value shown in the Warframe UI?

Well, i'm not entirely sure, give me a couple of minutes and i'll do some research for you

Although, if to be completely honest

I wouldn't use it on anything that isn't a beam weapon, as beam weapons have perfect accuracy.  Same rule applies with magnum force on secondaries.  Beam weapons with perfect accuracy aren't affected.

I'll get back to you in just a bit on the other guns though

Well, i'm not entirely sure, give me a couple of minutes and i'll do some research for you

Thing is, I've done my research, and found out that: 

- Accuracy values and associated changes with Heavy Caliber are not affected by different weapon properties, and they follow a single function.

- Recoil does not affect accuracy values and spread at all. 

The problem is trying to link the values of Heavy Caliber to all the values I have now. 

Okay.  Here's what i've gathered.

Weapon accuracy is not hampered on perfect (100%) accuracy weapons

When added to weapons with less than perfect accuracy, it's supposed to subrtact 5% accuracy per mod level, though it varies in actuality per weapon so as to not give low accuracy weapons ridiculously low game breaking accuracy

In essence, i believe it's percentage based.  I still would only use it on perfect weapons.

Also, don't use it on split chamber bows, the arrows will often split away from eachother, and i'm given to understand that only one will crit in that scenario

I could be wrong about the specifics, but i do know it affects perfect accuracy weapons in the manner i stated.

Weapon accuracy is not hampered on perfect (100%) accuracy weapons

That much almost everyone knows of. 

When added to weapons with less than perfect accuracy, it's supposed to subrtact 5% accuracy per mod level, though it varies in actuality per weapon so as to not give low accuracy weapons ridiculously low game breaking accuracy

I suspect that it follows an exponential function, as I did post that result in the forums here, and that in actuality, the accuracy values shown in the Warframe UI is the same throughout all weapons, regardless of projectile type, automatic, semi-automatic and whatnot. The difference between accuracy ratings also seems to plateau somewhere, but I'm still finding that point. 

In essence, i believe it's percentage based.  I still would only use it on perfect weapons.

I am also hypothesising that, but what I like to know is: What is that percentage based on? What value is being manipulated by the Heavy Caliber accuracy decrease?

Also, don't use it on split chamber bows, the arrows will often split away from eachother, and i'm given to understand that only one will crit in that scenario

That much I know too from other players. 

I could be wrong about the specifics, but i do know it affects perfect accuracy weapons in the manner i stated.

I can also confirm that. 

That much almost everyone knows of. 

I suspect that it follows an exponential function, as I did post that result in the forums here, and that in actuality, the accuracy values shown in the Warframe UI is the same throughout all weapons, regardless of projectile type, automatic, semi-automatic and whatnot. The difference between accuracy ratings also seems to plateau somewhere, but I'm still finding that point. 

I am also hypothesising that, but what I like to know is: What is that percentage based on? What value is being manipulated by the Heavy Caliber accuracy decrease?

That much I know too from other players. 

I can also confirm that. 

sounds about right

You know i had a funny though 

I was thinking of the 3 frames people would least want to play

And i thought

Frost, because he primarily defends

Trinity, because she's primariy a healer

and Ember, because people think other frames do her job better

Meanwhile i main Frost Prime, Ember Prime, and Trinity.

You know i had a funny though 

I was thinking of the 3 frames people would least want to play

And i thought

Frost, because he primarily defends

Trinity, because she's primariy a healer

and Ember, because people think other frames do her job better

Meanwhile i main Frost Prime, Ember Prime, and Trinity.

Well, I'm MR 13 and still no Prime Warframes for me. 

Which is a small problem, because I am not too sure where to go next. I could refine data, but I would need a bit more new material to go forward. I wonder if the developers would be willing to open the answer someday. 

Honestly it'd probably be easier just to throw it on, hop in the simulacrum simulator or a low tier mission, and see how it goes

Well, I'm MR 13 and still no Prime Warframes for me. 

Get yourself an Ember Prime

She's incredibly good if built right 

She's a fast moving glass cannon

Honestly it'd probably be easier just to throw it on, hop in the simulacrum simulator or a low tier mission, and see how it goes

Except I've done that, and I'm out of ideas for now. 

Get yourself an Ember Prime

She's incredibly good if built right 

She's a fast moving glass cannon

Honestly, I only use abilities starting at Levels 35+. 

Except I've done that, and I'm out of ideas for now. 

Honestly, I only use abilities starting at Levels 35+. 

She's good for just about anything

Accelerant + WoF or Fire Blast destroys

Even when it stops doing massive damage, I have the WoF augment that guaruntees knockdown / stagger

I tend to end up sticking to guns and melee weapons for the majority of gameplay. 

I use shotguns, primarily

And a Jat Kittag

On Ember Prime

I use her in close combat.  Get in fast, maybe use WoF, shotgun some people in the throat, send people 3-500 meters away and/or spiraling into the ceiling for 10 seconds with the jat kittag

A very nice combo