Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ideas To Improve Resource Drop System In Light Of U8

FedorHooch

HAHAHA OH MY GOD I CAN SEE IT HAPPENING

Mobile app : Sentinelquest

Customize your sentinel with badass weaponry, glamorous accessories and spinning butt-plugs!

Collect resources for your warframe through the eyes of your sentinel!

Shoot down rival ospreys! Avoid infested runners before your inevitable demise! Or sneak through a Grineer Galleon on full alert!

Never heard of us? Visit www.warframe.com

Available on iOS and Android

Interesting.  I started another thread last night with a few of my own ideas along these lines, and I'd like to moot one of them here:  Planning missions to influence the reward.

When we're out looking for resources, we know what we want to get from a raid.  Right now, what happens is that we carry out a mission in the hope of getting item X - but we know that the RNG gives the same odds of getting that item every time.  This is a bit like a bunch of cowboys raiding a random town for its gold, finding out that it doesn't have any gold, and raiding the next town over until they eventually find gold.  Starting at the town with a gold mine would be a bit more logical, no?

I'm suggesting that the alerts system could be used to generate a set of linked missions leading up to an increased chance of a desired pay-off.  The difficulty would increase with the value and amount of the resource - focussing your efforts on getting some alloy plate should be a fairly simple two- or three-step raid, but a strong chance of capturing a forma blueprint should take more missions against increasingly dangerous opposition.

Note that I'm talking about a chance here, not a certainty.  Certainty is boring - I just want to nudge the RNG in the direction I want it to go.  The harder I work for my result, the bigger the nudge, and the sweeter the victory if it all comes out right.

Great idea and having a sentinel pet pick up missed resources is absolutely my favorite.  A "hound" or something of that nature that does not fight, but gathers everything that drops would be so incredibly cool.  

sentinel go on solo missions can be abused.

u create 100 accounts clan them and send your sentinels to collect resources for your dojo. 

1 person maxed dojo ;). I do love the idea tho if its posible to do whitout exploits ;)

Edited by Lolish

sentinel go on solo missions can be abused.

u create 100 accounts clan them and send your sentinels to collect resources for your dojo. 

1 person maxed dojo ;). I do love the idea tho if its posible to do whitout exploits ;)

You still need to craft sentinels though. I guess this exploit could be prevented by tiering the sentinel mission rewards. So the missions that can be completed by low-level sentinels could give only small amounts of resources, but the top tier missions for lvl 30 sentinels with polarised and heavily modded weapons could give hundreds or thousands of them.

Great idea and having a sentinel pet pick up missed resources is absolutely my favorite.  A "hound" or something of that nature that does not fight, but gathers everything that drops would be so incredibly cool.  

Sounds like a good use for rescued hostages - they're usually just in the way. ;-)

Great ideas on the sentinal functionality!

May I propose the app to have a foundry/inventory/mods system? Might be a lot of work/money, but the thing I'd like to do while afk or at work is to build/craft/claim/mod my stuff.

Unfortunately I dont own an android phone, so please make it available for ios also, pwetty pwease?

Edited by deWeeda

They really need to implement something soon. Since U8 I have been getting almost no rare drops. I've come to a standstill on my crafting and if it stays this way I don't know if I can continue. I really like this game, but 0 progress is extremely boring. I don't know how they expect us to ever craft the new weapons with the new drop rates.

I'm taking a break from the game for now, and see if anything with drop rates changes with an upcoming hotfix. Having to grind to achieve something is one thing, grinding with no visible result for entire lengths of time is not.

Moreover, if the size of clans the developers are aiming for is 50 people plus, then my group of friends and I are basically forced to perform a clan merger to have any hope of progressing further with Clan-related stuff. This is not a move made to support casual players; instead, it supports players who have more time to devote to the game.

What kills me is that the gameplay for Warframe itself is still great fun - however, if I can't achieve something visible with that gameplay toward what I want to achieve after more than a week of devoted trying, then that fun is lost pretty quickly. Yet again, I reiterate - no void keys, and no Forma yet.

I did get the Neurodes I wanted and the Control Module, but it took 45 missions in Earth to get 2 Neurodes, and 27 runs on the Hyena to get the Control Module. That's frustrating, not encouraging of hard work.

I 100% agree with the OP's proposed suggestions except for the following:

2. Send Sentinels on their own resource-gathering missions. Think Crew Skills from SWTOR - you pay a certain amount of credits and the Sentinel leaves you for 5-15 minutes to complete a mission of it's own. Depending on Sentinel's level and it's gear the mission can be a success or a failure. If the mission was successful you get resources (different ones from different planets) or mods or blueprints.
2.5 As Lumireaver proposed below, those sentinel resource missions could be also managed from mobile devices through the Warframe Nexus app.
7. Special mods for Sentinels. For example, "Tractor Beam - automatically picks up resources in a wide area".

2. I would prefer for DE to work on a lot of different resource improvements (e.g. RNG & balancing) before implementing in-game Sentinel-only missions.

2.5. Again, I would prefer that DE work on many other mobile app & resource improvements rather than implementing user authentication/lookup to allow player-initiated actions of a sentinel from the app.  Developing authentication for APIs that works with existing auth is not a cakewalk.

7. There would be a lot more rushing and the loot radar Mod would become nearly obsolete if a mod for Tenno or Sentinels allows for increased pickup range.