Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Armor

Foxbyte

I've noticed that armor values have been tweaked frequently between hotfixes, bouncing between 25 and 50 base armor. Right now, I think 50 makes the game a bit too easy and over-inflates the value of health+armor mods, while 25 makes me feel like wet cardboard once my shields are down.

Any opinions?

Just curious, have you played in any higher level areas yet?

Even with 50 base armor and some armor mods stacked onto it, a couple grineer in areas like pluto can rip through your health insanely fast with their faster firing guns.

Maybe we've just had different experiences with the random level/mission generation. But I often find myself taking on 5-10 enemies at a time, so the second I move out into the open at all they just rip apart my shields and armor.

This seems notably worse with the grineer at higher levels because of how damage works in this game.

Their faster firing weapons cause the damage to stack up incredibly fast even in low values of 1-5 damage per bullet taken.

Just curious, have you played in any higher level areas yet?

Even with 50 base armor and some armor mods stacked onto it, a couple grineer in areas like pluto can rip through your health insanely fast with their faster firing guns.

Maybe we've just had different experiences with the random level/mission generation. But I often find myself taking on 5-10 enemies at a time, so the second I move out into the open at all they just rip apart my shields and armor.

This seems notably worse with the grineer at higher levels because of how damage works in this game.

Their faster firing weapons cause the damage to stack up incredibly fast even in low values of 1-5 damage per bullet taken.

I've cleared all of Pluto, but with a group and very carefully. They do indeed put out an amazing amount of damage, but the difference between 25 and 50 base armor is 'ow ow ow I better duck behind cover' and 'wtf why am I dead' there. Also, Moas are $&*^s in higher levels, ridiculously accurate and prone to sneaking up behind you.