Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Scaling And Why I Think Warframe Needs More Of It.

Nagisawa

So, first off, I love this game.  Space Ninjas?  I am so there.  And better yet, it plays well.  The animations are smooth, they look good.  The sounds match the action, giving the weapons that oomph they need to feel good.  Even the sounds of foot steps help draw you in.

Even the CCG aspect of the Mods are freakin' awesome, allowing you to customize your gear as you see fit.

But the biggest issue I have is the scaling of difficulty.

See, some of us can only Solo this game, for whatever reasons (spotty internet connections, bandwidth caps, not having many gamer friends into Space Ninja games, which really blows my mind) and right now, certain enemy types are a little too hard.

The Corpus with their walkers are not so bad, but they are a touch tough if they have the walker spawners and a constant stream of troopers.  But the Infested, they do too much damage too fast, and they have incredible levels of health per unit.

If the game could scale depending on how many players are active in the game.  Either lower the enemy count or damage and health of them.

It's fine to make it challenging, but leave the soul crushing difficulty for games like Dark Souls and their masochistic fans.

This scaling also applies to things like the Dojo.  Some of us are Clans of two, and having a high price for everything (as several other posts and threads here are talking about) makes it hard to enjoy that side of the game.

For example, I have a Clan of one person, me (my little brother, the one who turned me onto this game, hasn't accepted the invite yet)  so maybe the prices should reflect that.  But let's say I get 50 people, then the prices for the rooms should increase to match.

I understand that's this game is still in Beta, but I would like to just leave my concerns here.

it comes down to mods.

if you are modded properly. this game is too easy if anything. i soloed tier 3 void. felt like pluto.

like most pve games, comes down to your gear.

also if resource cost scaled you would have people come into the clan and donate, then kick and bring in the next.

instant dojo.

I think there should be some scaling, but it gets easier with more. So, one person has all enemies at 100%, two people have them at 190%, three at 280%, etc. etc. (Same applies for dojos.)

Obviously you can't just do that with stats (otherwise four player runs would be impossible as enemies who would now deal almost 400% more damage would instantly slaughter anyone at high levels), but if DE can work out a way so it scales with the amount of players, BUT it's still helpful to have friends around that would be good. (Revive is a great example. Even if enemies are twice as tough with two people, being able to be revived is a big bonus over Solo play.)

The clan thing won't happen just due to the fact that if it does, everyone will wanna be in a small clan.

Though, scaling the levels from Solo to 4 player Co-op would be nice.

One thing a lot of MMO companies are finding is that a good chunk of their population do solo.  And that a lot of 'guilds' tend to be on the small side, especially when dealing with end game material like raids.

it's hard to coordinate 25+ people (for WoW, for example) so a lot of companies (like Sony's DC Universe Online) have a cap of under ten for the 'hard' stuff.

I'm not saying making it less expensive that you can make it in a week, but give us small clan guys a chance to actually add a room or two within a month or so.  I plan to play this game for a LONG time.  And I'm pretty sure a lot of others are too.

Although one issue should be addressed. I'm in SSI, which has 300+ members. F*** if I know how many actually still play. So, we might end up getting seriously punished for being in a large clan, since we have 50-100 people actually still playing, but have to gather materials as if we had 300 or more members.

The clan thing won't happen just due to the fact that if it does, everyone will wanna be in a small clan.

Though, scaling the levels from Solo to 4 player Co-op would be nice.

More specifically, people would start off with a clan of two with cheap build costs, build the rooms and then expand their clan. It would be an exploit.

The rest of this thread is rather nice though.

I would make it so the costs are higher for smaller clans, but cheaper for bigger ones.  Scaling!

Just not as high.

Say it's 100%.  If you have a clan over...  5 people the cost could increast to something like 125%, if you have more than 10?  150%.

That sort of stuff.