Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kunai Affinity Experience Bug...

silent_buddha

So after much testing, it appears that I do not gain any Active affinity/experience when using the Kunai in co-op games unless I am the host.  This brings progress on the Kunai down to a crawl in general as the passive co-op affinity/experience gives me less than half of what I would get with active affinity/experience.

Obviously not a problem in solo missions as by default I would be the host.  But that once again brings affinity/experience down to a crawl.  And co-op is generally more fun than solo, anyway.

If I switch to a different weapon, that weapon gains active affinity/experience as normal.  Only the Kunai (thus far) suffers from this bug when it is the active weapon being used.

Regards,

SB

Edited by silent_buddha

I think this might be an issue on your side or you're not really coming up with solid results. I leveled my Kunai like any other weapons and I never host because of my crappy connection speeds, and I still leveled it as easily as any other weapons, if anything I felt I used it too much that it got to 30 rather quickly o.O Regardless, the Kunai are fun and powerful, worth an exp glitch : p

The bug is really easy to see.  

With any active weapon assuming you kill anything with it, it will gain far more end of level experience than any other weapon due to active exp versus passive exp.

Go into a mission with Kunai.  ONLY use that weapon and no other weapon.  No melee, no rifle, no shotgun, no sniper, no bow.  You can have them equipped just don't use them to kill anything on the level.

At the end of the level, you will have the exact same EXP on the Kunai as the other weapons.  This is absolutely impossible to do unless you kill 0 enemies during a level with weapons.  Otherwise you'd have to kill exactly the same enemies in the exact same numbers on all weapons to end up with the same weapon XP.

For example, my most recent mission I got 186 kills with the Kunai and 0 Kills with the other weapons.  Kunai ended up with the same approximately 2k XP as the other two weapons.  If I host I'd generally get the same 2k XP on the melee and shotgun, but would get around 6-7k XP on the Kunai.

It still levels up, just horribly slowly compared to when I'm hosting and get actualy active XP from them.

[edit] Just finished a defense level where I used Kunai only as host.  295 kills.  11595 XP + 354 bonus. versus 1595 xp + 354 bonus for other weapons.  Defense mission before it using only kunai, 195 kills, and only ~1400 xp + bonus (don't remember bonus number) for all weapons equally).

Regards,

SB

Edited by silent_buddha