Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Monetization,clans,bugs,oh My...lets Talk Devs...

Xavien

To whomever it may concern at DE

I feel as though the new monetization model added in to allow access to the Orokin towers is bad for this game. As a grand Master founder I have no issue paying for content that is permanent to the game but paying 5 dollars (technically4.99) for 5 nodes is reminicent of paying per gameplay session at an old school arcade. Sure when you have several thousand plat it seems like it isn't that big an issue but later when this plat is all gone if similar updates in the future keep the model it suddenly drops off in viability.

I believe there are preferable monetization models and ultimtely many others would work the key is that the content we buy should remain accessable forever. I understand things like xp boosts or credit boosts expiring because they add almost unfair advantages but actual map packs expiring per use is a very clear line in the sand for me and I would imagine most gamers that actually pay with their own money and are not dependant on a hand outs from mommy and daddy.

I go into more detail in this video http://youtu.be/oiltdr7JJ_c  and really hope you consider changing this practice as if it is the way of the future content updates I don't see the model lasting very long. People want new content that lasts. I have seen the new towers on youtube and they seem to add alot to the game but the fact that they expire leaves the majority of the player base either bumming a trip off of the few that paid or still in that defense mission limbo with nothing new to play.  

Other issues exist with the pricing of the clan rooms, the fact you must pay real world money in a clan (for forma) that you could potetntially be kicked out off (a huge oversight) several bugs like the green lockers that wont open and missions that don't even need their objectives completed. A lack of boss/enemy difficulty, clan weapons that are OP compared to single player weapons ect. All are in this video so check it out and I hope you continue making this game as amazing as it has been(and it has been fun just a few steps away from A list status) while considering the communities issues so it can shine even brighter and grow as a whole

Edited by Xavien

The existence of forma as a dojo crafting resource also allows anyone who is thinking about resetting to spend all their remaining plat on forma, use it on the dojo, then reset to get the plat back.

I am not entirely objecting to forma's existence but the fact that you are using real world money in a clan that you could be kicked from seems very suspect the first person that spends 50 bucks on forma then gets dumped by their clan over inevitable clan drama  is gonna go apeS#&$ on the forums and rightly so the way it was implemented in clan rooms makes no sense for prestieging it's ok I guess as it is not that different from buying a weapon although some may debate if thats pay to win it at least is a guarantee ownership of an object. Compared to the orikin towers or the clan rooms....

Your concerns for Forma and Void Keys would be a lot easier to support, were those two items only obtainable via platinum, which they are not. It is my understanding that trips to the void are meant to be bonuses, not the natural progression of the game. Forma as well, considering the price is small and thier use is totally optional. I am in partial agreement about using Forma for every hallway. Labs and projects, sure.

@Moonicus

Forma and void keys can be recieved as log in rewards but not with any degree of regularity the problem is if they spend time making expansive content and it is all bonus while everyone that plays the regular game is stuck in xini ,outer terminus and kappa grinding because there is no new regular game content how long before those people leave the game from boredom...

this update didn't offer a balance at all all the new content was pay to see, the new tile sets and enemies were nice but didin't offer an upgrade to difficulty, the boss that was said to have added abilities is still face roll easy. I feel that defense is still the meta in game and to be honest the monetization they did isnt working cause all I hear in chat is people asking for orikin tower runs not offering them at this point....

A better system would be them offering several planets or a solar system as a paid expansion to the game as opposed to content that is not persistent, adding a hardmode for endgamers and new tougher boss battles as well as new spots that drop worthwhile mods and mission types in the existing game. Charge for weapons,maps ect. only if we get to keep them, thats my main gripe.