The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Separates A Skilled Melee Player, And A Spammer?

LordQ

The problem is spamming E is more powerful than shooting for under everage players, even tho it is weak against skilled players it is over powered against newbies and really easy to do and cheap.

so pretty much all fights between newbies the 1 spamming melee is the one who wins.

newbies get killed no matter what. That's why fresh newbies should be placed in a starter league by good matchmaking. 

Does anyone still use Kogake? Or am I the only one still running that?

Meh, I might run Kogake just for fun.  Shoot, I still use it in PvE.

Problem with melee, right now, is that anyone with any decent amount of experience will be able to easily use bullet jumping, wall latching, and aim gliding to keep a decent distance from any melee-focused user, including any using MM.  As long as melee users are grounded, gunners will have the upper hand.

Edited by Nighttide77

At one point it was a sure knockdown anywhere 10m from anyone forever, I assume they fixed that at some point since no flavor of the week users use it anymore.

Yeah, Kogake slide attacks don't knock down nearly as easily, and recovery from knockdown has been sped up a bit.  Since it's not so easy to knockdown and do a finisher, most players seem to have abandoned it.  The knockdown resist mod can help, too...depending on who you talk to.

As someone who just converted from a full time Rhino to a full time Excalibur, I'd say using a frame that is complete garbage for a full melee build (like Excalibur) and still doing well is grounds for being a good melee player.

But yeah, on a serious note, I think the heavy frames being ridiculously overpowered (Frost, Chroma, Rhino) are the core issue, not the melee weapons themselves.

Edited by Murph_HKM