Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Just Lurk The Region Chat And Forums Now.

DreadScourge

I started as a ninja, but then got everything and essentially became a free moderator for DE.

Well, without trying to sound like a smartass (apologies if I do), but ... this is a dungeon crawler. Essentially, Diablo 2 in space. These games are about repeating content to farm for better gear. We are all waiting for the difficulty slider for added challenge, and for the preparation of the coming content within U8, and for the next faction to provide more variation, but at the end of the day, Warframe will still be a TPS dungeon crawler. :/

It'll also need some change of pace within the genre soon. The two can coexist.

The Vault in the Void is a good start, as are the little hidden rooms. But the reward is too little as of now, and the variation is too small (There is only one Vault to my knowledge, and once you know how to do it, you will never encounter another.)

Well, I mean, it's not like the current moderators are paid... :P

This game will always have farming and grinding. The key to fixing this isn't reducing the farming/grinding, although reducing the RNG would be nice (as I detailed in my suggestion on fixing the Void reward system) - the key is to disguise the farming and grinding as something else. In other MMOs, this is what quests do - killing 150 boars for the sake of exp feels less rewarding than killing 150 of them to complete ten different quests. If the reward pays off well enough, the grind feels less like a grind.

It's different and more difficult for Warframe, but long-term goals like the Void help a lot (assuming the stuff with the rewards are switched to a different and less grindy-feeling mechanic). The issue there is that acquiring Void keys works by RNG, which means it feels like a grind. If exploration in game tiles occasionally rewarded you with a disjointed tile that is a pocket of Void space, where an Orokin boss drops you a Void key, for example... That grind starts feeling less like a grind and more like fun.

Also the Void should have cooperative puzzles (coming from someone who mostly plays solo) and more Vault-type stuff (I still haven't found that room because I've only played two missions). Correct me if the Void already has that stuff.

Edited by Quetzhal

Well, without trying to sound like a smartass (apologies if I do), but ... this is a dungeon crawler. Essentially, Diablo 2 in space. These games are about repeating content to farm for better gear. We are all waiting for the difficulty slider for added challenge, and for the preparation of the coming content within U8, and for the next faction to provide more variation, but at the end of the day, Warframe will still be a TPS dungeon crawler. :/

And yet somehow, it still did a bad job. Mostly because of how content is handled. Diablo 1 and 2 were some golden years in my childhood because of how lost i got into just killing things and getting gear, getting more powerful and leveling up. The feeling of moving ahead.

Theres none of that in warframe, its all about either shelling out money here, or shelling out there. For really SIMPLE things too, like inventory space and going to the void. The biggest advantage DE has with warframe is how its also a shooter, and they're ignoring that by expanding on drop rates along with unnecessary crafting costs instead of focusing on how the gameplay itself can be more fun. With more engaging boss fights, not by stacking numbers. They're defeating the shooter feel by drowning it out with pseudo RPG elements.

Even Hellgate:London did a better job than Warframe has with the RPG and action. Especially because they didnt do silly things with interconnected RNG loopholes to try to lengthen their game.