Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dojo Invasions And Other Ideas

ThePopoRider

You know how Tenno are sent to other spaceships to kill and stuff, well what if it was turned around like while all of us were chilling in the Dojo and Lotus says something like," Blah Blah Blah, The Grineer have breached your Dojo. Prepare blah blah." Or something like that. Or if there could be clan wars like <clan1> goes and sets up a raid on <clan2>'s dojo. And they just battle it out there. Something like those kind of surprises should be put into the game. I mean I would play a lot more if they added this. Tell me what you guys think in the comments. Should the Dojo stay as a peaceful sanctuary for Tenno or prone to invasions. :) -ThePopoRider

Edited by ThePopoRider

I say clan should have the option to allow raids on their dojo's. Not all clans wanna PVP the crap out of other dojos. Fun idea though. Doubt it would ever be implemented though.

Yeah I agree. The ability to toggle it on and off would be fair.

Well how about making it actually possible for small clans to have something more than a couple of rooms in their dojo ? We can worry about the rest of the things later, as right now the dojo thing seems like a luxury only affordable by the biggest clans.

This.

Smaller clans take forever to get anything done, and then there's capacity and energy to worry about on top of materials required to build anything. However, two cross-sections, two reactors, and an oracle should leave you with all the room and energy you need to get the labs and research done. Regardless of build strategies, Small clans are stuck with one room basically, until they can gather a butt-load of materials and buy (yes BUY) the forma necessary to expand.

You know how Tenno are sent to other spaceships to kill and stuff, well what if it was turned around like while all of us were chilling in the Dojo and Lotus says something like," Blah Blah Blah, The Grineer have breached your Dojo. Prepare blah blah." Or something like that. Or if there could be clan wars like <clan1> goes and sets up a raid on <clan2>'s dojo. And they just battle it out there. Something like those kind of surprises should be put into the game. I mean I would play a lot more if they added this. Tell me what you guys think in the comments. Should the Dojo stay as a peaceful sanctuary for Tenno or prone to invasions. :) -ThePopoRider

Approve of raiding other Tenno Dojo's. Lets see what these l33t players are made of, and it equalizes the playing field for those smaller and weaker clans. Need materials ? Steal some from a bigger dojo in their off hours.

If the Grineer ever found a Dojo, couldn't they just flood the damn thing with armies constantly until they take it over?

I was under the impression that the Tenno are basically a guerrilla force, so the only reason the Dojo's are safe are because they are very well hidden. So if they were found, they would be kind of screwed.

Approve of raiding other Tenno Dojo's. Lets see what these l33t players are made of, and it equalizes the playing field for those smaller and weaker clans. Need materials ? Steal some from a bigger dojo in their off hours.

I was thinking you would be able to toggle PvP on or off.

And maybe if they implemented this it would give more of a reason to stay at the dojo or give a bigger variety of things to build. Like maybe you send 25 people from the clan to go raid another clan while having like 15 stay behind to stay guard. Or for the building part, you could defense rooms, turrets, security cameras, lockdown panels, emergency rooms, and maybe even a self-destruct button >:D. But seriously though. This would REALLY put a lot more meaning into the dojos and keep people in the clan closer and more united. Someone should bring this up in the next livestream (2 days from today) and see what the DEVS have to say about it. Thanks again -ThePopoRider

This idea can actually be implemented elegantly to give some sort of scaling with clan and dojo size. The proof of concept has already been done before, in Shinobido, where sometimes, random encounters of mooks will happen at your little secret base and they will try to run to your small hut and steal your stuff (shrooms and weeds). You can customize your back garden with traps, elevation and obstacles for you to train your movement and to help fend off robbers.

This design can be tailored so that the larger the dojo or the more member a clan has, the more likely an encounter will happen (ship too big, it's taunting everyone to raid it) or the larger the size of army (we heard there's a thousand footmen on post, better bring more people) that will come raiding to the room. Off course there will be penalty and reward for failure and success in defending, in which this needs to be adjusted carefully.

Clan raiding will create issues with how much tenno you can send on a raid. Would you have a deathball clan to dethball small clans to oblivion? or would you have a small party raid dying at the doorstep of said dethball clan's dojo? Will there be stealth or just massacre? It will depend heavily on the implementation and the objectives.

I'm not saying the raid part is not possible, but it will be very tricky when they can't even make the pre-launch dojo to be thoughtful economy wise (the small clan big clan argument and how the current rendition forces optimal configuration for everyone to just deathball into one clan).