The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Frame At Re-Work : Chroma

ArganVain

This suggestions are all about buffs 'cause i believe that Chroma have all around good abilities, it just needs some tweaking, like with the first ability (so underrated on higher levels) and the effigy lazyness.

I am posting all these things to share my ideas and point of views, welcoming any kind of critics too.

If you feel that trolling is needed, do it, but leave a serious comment too.

[Passive]

Of course the original effect will not be changed, but it will be added another effect based on the chosen element, it's resistance:

Heat : resistance to heat damage, immunity to ignite effect 

Electricity : resistance to electricity damage, immunity to chain lightning effect 

Toxin : resistance to toxic damage, immunity to poison effect 

Cold : resistance to col damage, immunity to slowdown effect 

these resistances could be affected by power strenght too.

[1]

Spectral Scream : 

This skill could need more range and proc chance effect (maybe affected by power strenght too), to be helpful even in high level mission, where its damage is insignificant.

I made a topic suggesting ideas on changes to status effects, thing that could make this skill very viable with any kind of element at any kind of level, but without being too overly powerful.

Augment : Chroma focus the strenght of his breath dealing more damage than normal, but in a form of a straight line at doubled range

(yes, this is pratically a rip off from dungeons & dragons)

[2]

Elemental Ward :

The heat and toxin auras could receive a little hand:

Heat :

Higher status chance than the actual 10%, always affected by power strenght.

Toxin :

Added to the original reload speed and holster, it could receive parkour enhancement + toxic proc on bullet jump (pratically a built in toxic flight, wich stacks with the actual mod itself).

If any other elemental parkour mods is used, the toxic will combine with such element, resulting in a superior elemental proc.

Augment : The effect of the aura lingers on any ally that come in contact with it, inheriting the duration regardless if out of the aura range or not.

[4]

Effigy :

Give it the option or an augment that enable the relocation of the effigy without deactivating it, like :

upon relocation the effigy will unleash an elemental explosion on a good range, dealing elemental damage (of course based on the element of the chroma) with 100% status chance.

It could work automatically when you get too far from the effigy itself, triggering when an enemy comes into its "protection range" teleporting in face of the enemies.

One thing i noticed about the effigy is the reaction time, making it not at all energy friendly 'cause you end up wasting a lot of energy for a few moves risking to finish up your energy without even having a chance to deal a proper amount of damage.

In short the effigy needs a buff on reaction speed, at the moment of it's creation it need to cast his scream immediately, instead of waiting, and to attack relentlessly with no pause between his attacks and his aoe cc.