Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Feedback] Artifacts

matrixEXO

We all know what they are so I won't get a low-down onto it that much.

Artifacts are currently a one-time only item. Their appearance after obtaining one has practically no desire to actually go to that planet to get another one since they don't stack. On top of that, one artifact is actually available as a mod.

My suggestion as to improve artifacts from being a one-time farm system is to change how the Artifact works. Have them be able to stock as much as you want. Each artifacts would now have to be attached onto your Frame in the Artifact slot. Artifacts can be fused with other Artifacts to create hybrid functionality, able to be hybridized as high as you want but will have some fusion rules (IE: Instead of Energy Siphon or Rejuvenation, both fused becomes LIfe Force and gives a 1 energy and 1 health regeneration over the course of 4s, stacks with each Life Force, Energy Siphon and Rejuvenation). Additionally, have Enemy Radar show enemies on the radar while Enemy Sense show enemies as a reddish smoke, visible through walls and shown up to a certain distance.

Lastly, here are my new Artifact suggestions:

1) Sharp Blade

Melee attacks bleeds the target, causing 1 AP damage each second for 3s. Melee-attacking enemies while they are bleeding will have the damages ignore 15% of it's resistances (charged attacks ignore half the value). Bleeding effect cannot stack and will not refresh. Bleeding status will be reapplied if the enemy has lost it's previous bleeding status.

2) Kinetic Shields

Applies 25% of the frame's base armor values onto shields.

3) Tough Nut

Damages to health temporarily increases armor by 30 for 5s. This armor bonus cannot be boosted by Steel Fiber.

4) Ghostly Visage

Enemies will have a harder time seeing the Tenno, reducing visual detection range by 10%. Additionally, Corpus security cameras will not detect the Tenno.

5) Shadow Walking

Increases sprint speed of the Tenno by (2.0 - Frame Base Sprint Speed)/(Frame Base Sprint Speed + 0.5). This sprint speed bonus cannot be boosted by Rush.

6) Illusion Waltz

Has a 10% chance of dodging bullets while moving. If the Tenno stands at his place for 0.5s, he will lose this effect and requires a 1s time before he gets it back on.

Edited by matrixEXO

I like your suggestion, but i would make it slightly different regarding to artifacts. Make them like mods. Fuse them to increase its level.

Example: Energy Syphon restores 1 mana every 2 seconds. You upgrade it to level 1, it would restore 1 mana every 1.5 seconds, You upgrade it again, so it's level 2, it would restore 1 mana every second, and so on.

To upgrade from level 0 to level 1 you would need to fuse 2 energy syphon artifacts lvl 0, to get a level 2 you would need 2 level 1 and so on. This would be very time consuming and alert depending

This would make what you said worth, going to do alert that gives you the same artifact you have.

Although, your suggestion of new artifacts could also be made. Like this:

Fuse one Energy Syphon with Rejuvenation (bot give 1 each 2 seconds) and you would got something like this:

Life essence: Restores 1 mana and 1 health every 4 seconds (doubles the time, but gives 2 status)

So, depending on the union you would make, various affects would be given. 

I like your suggestion, but i would make it slightly different regarding to artifacts. Make them like mods. Fuse them to increase its level.

Example: Energy Syphon restores 1 mana every 2 seconds. You upgrade it to level 1, it would restore 1 mana every 1.5 seconds, You upgrade it again, so it's level 2, it would restore 1 mana every second, and so on.

To upgrade from level 0 to level 1 you would need to fuse 2 energy syphon artifacts lvl 0, to get a level 2 you would need 2 level 1 and so on. This would be very time consuming and alert depending

This would make what you said worth, going to do alert that gives you the same artifact you have.

Although, your suggestion of new artifacts could also be made. Like this:

Fuse one Energy Syphon with Rejuvenation (bot give 1 each 2 seconds) and you would got something like this:

Life essence: Restores 1 mana and 1 health every 4 seconds (doubles the time, but gives 2 status)

So, depending on the union you would make, various affects would be given. 

I would disagree on making it a mod-like substance and giving them ranks. Given that it can STACK with other artifacts, you should get the picture. Artifacts are supposed to be team-oriented support items that are always active. Balancing it out is always needed. Now, if you would excuse me while I balance some numbers.

Edited by matrixEXO

It's not that no one is interested, it's that no one posts in topics unless they're against the RNG, or dojo prices. (Because people feel that those issues are urgent and warrant two dozen different heated discussions.) Trust me, I know your pain. 

Anyway, I feel like artifacts could stand to be reworked a little. We constantly raid artifacts from raid missions. (And don't receive them as rewards for some reason...) So we know what artifacts look like. (Giant holographic cubes which for some reason tend to be kept in giant, airtight chambers.) We also know that merely possessing them imbues you with special powers. (Are enemies in raid missions affected by the artifact they posses? They should be.) So what are artifacts?

I would speculate that they're of Orokin origin, considering Lotus says so a billion times hourly in-game. They're probably something like books written in some kind of crazy mystical space ninja language. Similar to http://www.metroidwiki.org/wiki/Luminoth_Language'>the Luminoth language. When I start thinking along that track, it makes me want to build a dojo library to keep these things.

As far as actual gameplay relevance is concerned, I suppose they could remain sweet little cumulative group-buffs. Some of them are unique, but most of them are extremely watered down mods. (For balance purposes, naturally.) Your suggestions for new ones are nice and flavorful considerin the nature of the Tenno (Which presumably has a lot in common with the Orokin...) However, it might also be interesting to create some kind of puzzle out of them. Acquiring collections these artifact "glyphs," and spelling whole "words" out of them. Completed puzzles could offer unique rewards along the lines of Orokin weaponry, or or just fill a dojo library progress bar so you can boast about your your library is complete.