Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Thoughts On Samurai Warriors 4-2 (Port)

TheErebus.

So Samurai Warriors 4 has been released...again. This time on Steam. 

So how did it fair?

Pros:

First off, it's in 60 FPS. Well, there are options to change it to "Variable" and "30 FPS" but 60 FPS is there and selectable in the options menu.

The performance for the game is pretty damn good. I haven't run into any crashes/glitches/freezes whatsoever.

The gameplay is awesome, it's a Warriors game so you should know by now as to how it plays out (If you don't, go search it up). 

Good customization for your character.

A story mode! Yes, there is a story mode with at least 7-10 (not sure of the number) stories that explores the characters within the game with weapons being unlocked by playing the stories which can be equipped on your custom character.

Cons:
The keyboard control is bad. Get an Xbox 360/Xbone controller, trust me it'll be for the better.

No Chronicle mode in this one, which sucks. Basically, the chronicle mode was a feature in the previous port of the game where you could go on a country-wide adventure with your custom character, allowing you to go around and fight in battles, increasing your relationship with other characters within this mode and unlocking their weapons. Because of this, I feel as if the game suffers from deployability

It is pretty pricy. At about $50, I feel as if it isn't really worth it but if you love the Warriors series of games, then I think you'll like this one.

Overall: A very good port and a pretty damn good game, the lack of Chronicle mode sucks but I'm having fun playing it. 

Cool. Glad to know it has 60fps. Many of KT games have only 30fps. $50 is a little pricey, considering KT games always, and I have not seen one exception yet, have a lots of additional DLCs after the release. Hopefully, this will be on some good sale discount by end of year. I may get it with all the DLCs.