Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shield-Dargyn & Shield-Hellion Dargyn

MilkTheTank

It appears that 17.5 made the health of the Shield on the Shield-Dargyn & Shield-Hellion Dargyn massive, if not invulnerable.

Also, it appears that the shield itself now does ~200 electric damage per half second to any player in contact with it.

Is this new? I never noticed it before 17.5, which is why I assume it was added in this patch.

This makes them nearly un-killable to melee archwing players or solo players.

Odd choice to buff the only dangerous enemies in atchwing. They can be hit from behind you know.

They'll also track you, and if you're the only player since you're going solo, it makes them nigh impossible to deal with outside of ramming into the shield with melee or abillities, both which are sort of limited in effectivness.

Yeah, I noticed this as well. The shield was completely invulnerable to my Velocitus shots; I think I might've killed a few sheild dargyns from the front by firing slightly past them and letting the hitbox connect from the side, but that's about it. I don't recall being able to break or disable the shield.

Maybe it has to do with number of hits, so Velocitus is naturally weak against them? I dunno. All I know is that I've never felt as forced to mash E incessantly as I did during my AW gameplay session yesterday.

Edited by SortaRandom

Yeah, I noticed this as well. The shield was completely invulnerable to my Velocitus shots; I think I might've killed a few sheild dargyns from the front by firing slightly past them and letting the hitbox connect from the side, but that's about it. I don't recall being able to break or disable the shield.

Maybe it has to do with number of hits, so Velocitus is naturally weak against them? I dunno. All I know is that I've never felt as forced to mash E incessantly as I did during my AW gameplay session yesterday.

I don't think it's a number of hits, because I was not able to brake it with my imperator. My Fluctus only seemed to damage the host mob behind the shield 50% of the time, which was odd too.

They'll also track you, and if you're the only player since you're going solo, it makes them nigh impossible to deal with outside of ramming into the shield with melee or abillities, both which are sort of limited in effectivness.

Yeah, that's what I'm trying to point out. If you're playing melee, you're boned because the shield does SO much damage. If you're alone, you're double boned because they have no pivot time, so it's impossible to get behind them if they know you exist.

I think either the shield needs to go back to not doing damage or it needs to be breakable. As it is now, I have more deaths to the shield than missiles, and that says a lot.

Just noticed this as well. I think an invulnerable frontal shield is a big no-no on enemies like this. They can make it darn tough to destroy, but not invulnerable. They basicly force you to go into melee right now if you have no one else to circle around them while you keep them busy.

Just noticed this as well. I think an invulnerable frontal shield is a big no-no on enemies like this. They can make it darn tough to destroy, but not invulnerable. They basicly force you to go into melee right now if you have no one else to circle around them while you keep them busy.

Agreed, melee does appear to be the best way to deal with it. However, then you realize that the shield itself does MASSIVE damage. So meleeing is suicidal if you have more than 1 attacking you.

Shots with Corvas on the "head" destroy them...

See, I've read that if you go for head shots on the front of these mobs it passes through the shield. I have tried this sever times and not been able to replicate it. Is it corvas exclusive?

Edited by MilkTheTank