Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Very Sorry, But: Another Mesa Opinion

Siluen

I have not really posted a lot on this forum yet, but I have been playing Warframe for a while. My favorites were mostly Saryn and Valkyr, but when I returned to the game not too long ago, I wanted to give Mesa a go. I really digged her looks and she had some fun abilties to boot!

I created a build with good efficiency, above average duration and good strength and short range. It allowed me to pop in and out of Peacemaker quickly when getting swarmed, my other abilties had pretty reliable uptime and because they were cheap, I had no issues refreshing them. I even quite liked the shorter range on my Shooting Galery because I felt it focussed on the pesky butchers some more that way and less on the ranged enemies that got nullified by my Shatter Shield anyway. The only ability I did not use very much was Balistic Battery, because my Opticor does not really need much extra oompf.

Because I made my build a bit of a variety-thing, I did not think I'd mind the changes to peacemaker that much. Yet, I came across a few things I did not like about it.

- For starters, it is just less flashy and cool! I do not see as much of her awesome animations, and I thought it was pretty awesome how Mesa could shoot targets in front of her or behind her simultaneously. It gave a pretty damn awesome gunslinger feel to the character. Now that style is gone, which is a bummer.

- A remark I see popping up a lot is "it is not that hard to spin around in peacemaker you know". And I just do not see why this is a 'pro' for the change being a good one. No, it's not hard. Which makes doing it not all that engaging or interesting either.

- The targeting feels less... smooth somehow. This might just be me, but it just feels more shocky, not as fluid as it used to be.

- Another fan favored remark seems to be: "boohoo, you can no longer tape down your mousebutton". Did any Mesa players stay in Peacemaker exclusively then? I sure as hell did not, and I really doubt anyone would find that a fun playstyle to begin with. My view of this might be skewed because I usually play in a full party of friends, so it may be worse when you meet a Mesa in pugs, but it seems like such a purely hypothetical reasoning to me.

In short: The change does not invoke "fun and engaging" but "needlessly clunky and less cool" in my mind. I still quite like her other abilities, but stylewise I looked at peacemaker as Mesa's signature move, and it is a shame it became more awkward to use instead of more fun. A change from the original could be good still, I just do not like this one.

It's a shame that people cried over Peacemaker when alot of people used it only as a panic button.

I dislike the new peacemaker. The blurring of the screen doesn't help peripheral vision much and it's more of an annoyance. the damage increase is welcome but the narrower targetting is not. For a Mesa rework. I would have prefered a Peacemaker where you are actually moving and you have a 180 cone in which you can 'Autoblast you enemies, or atleast a line of sight.

Edited by Latiac