Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Word About Control Modules(And Other Extremely Rare Resources)

BuriedShadows

Okay, so I'm kinda frustrated. I ran 15 missions today on Neptune, killing the Hyena. Not once did I get a control module, I got two loki helms, and a loki systems, and a CRAPTON of ferrite and nano spores, and some of the new resource ( I dont remember its name) but in those 15 runs I never got a control module. I started to get dissapointed, and finnally a bit mad, frankly, as far as I know, Hyena is the only boss that drops Control Modules, but in 15 runs, I never got a single one. and its not just for this resource, galium is a bastard to get, it took me about 20 runs, swapping between War and the other place, and I only got 1 !. Its starting to get unnerving. PLEASE DE, make drop rates higher, or something. I bought a founders pack, yes, but i dont want to use plat to achieve everything in the game, it takes away the fun of making my own guns. Im not going to stop playing or something, but I just wanted to express some frustration, and sadness. Thanks if you read this~BuriedShadows

Okay, I'll say it.  RNG is RNG, and you've just been exposed to the wondrous torment that is RNGcide. I ran four hyena runs today while stalker baiting and all four gave me modules. I have a total of 8 control modules in my inventory right now.

Okay, I'll say it.  RNG is RNG, and you've just been exposed to the wondrous torment that is RNGcide. I ran four hyena runs today while stalker baiting and all four gave me modules. I have a total of 8 control modules in my inventory right now.

I wish it worked like that for me, but it always takes me about 20 runs, I actually just did a speed run on Hyena again, and just now got one, the sad part? I got it in a freaking locker, that my teammate opened.

The most I have to do to get something I need is maybe 4 runs, I usually get what I need in my first run...I have a buddy who keeps needing neurodes but he gets one maybe every 20-40 runs >.> dunno what it is, I have ran various runs for these "rare" resources and yet find them easily, I get them from enemies a lot too, more than before. Perhaps upsetting these RNG "gods" is no bueno, glad to be on their good side : o

This is the reason why simply doing the boss isn't enough.  You need to loot those lockers and containers.  I would have to agree though that adding the blue resource appears to have made rare materials more scarce, and I stand by the fact that I have no proof to back that up other than my observational gut. = )

Normally I'm all for drop rate conspiracies, but this time i think you're just really unlucky. I was farming Hyena today with a friend, ran Hyena 6 times and got 5 control mods in total, in which one run gave me 2 control mods (one from Hyena, one from chest). Similar happened a few days ago. Though I would like if bosses would either drop 2-3 of the new lab resource or a guaranteed rare resource to minimise RNG frustration.

Wanna know why we were farming control mods?

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/54209-researched-weapon-costs/

Note: For every Fieldron/Detonite Injector/Mutagen Mass, you need one control module.

The new rare mats for dojo research (detonite ampules, fieldron samples, mutagen) are diluting the drop pool from the bosses which means it's not going to be that easy anymore. I've had control module drops from lockers and Corpus crewmen, so don't speedrun all the way to the boss - loot as much as you can and kill everything on the level. 

Personally I like to hang around in this one area in the Corpus tileset for Hyena runs, to provoke the lockers to spawn a near-endless supply of Moas to kill, racked up a 478 kill count the other day.