Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Scorpion Re-Balance

noveltyhero

The first time I encountered a group of scorpions it was cool but I thought that they needed a re-balance because in large groups and if you solo they can actually kill a player very easily if not careful. So I have to options for re-balancing this new unit:

The first option is to make them a tiny bit weaker, right now say they require two hits with average melee whilst the "sawmen" (holding a cleaver) require one. The scorpions should also be squishier because of their abilities, of course if they are alone it doesn't matter but in large numbers you need to be able to get rid of these quicker.

The second option I like more, make it so that if the player taps "E" enough times, they can cut the rope and immediately be released and free to kill everyone in their path.

OR shoot the rope to free yourself, maybe team-mates can also shoot the rope for you. <-Skeloton

Third option is to make it so that at least 3-8 seconds (maybe depending on warframe/stats) before another scorpion can pull you, this stops them from spamming their abilities.

As added by Skeloton:

Being able to shoot whilst being dragged, would stop you from being totally useless and powerless whilst watching your character get dragged across the floor.

Added by Spinner187:

Change the range from which they can lasso you from.

So, what do you guys think? Good points will be added in here.

Edited by noveltyhero

Excellent suggestions. Maybe also slightly alter the behaviors of the scorpions to be a bit more intelligent about who they grapple. What if they only grapple people running away from them? I hate how scorpions grapple me when I charge them with melee weapons. Their whole goal is to get me into melee range anyway, so grappling me to bring me closer while I am charging into melee range anyway makes no sense.

I find scorpions annoying at times, but even solo have not run into a situation where they have led to my death despite being pulled back and forth like a yoyo on a couple of occasions. If you run solo use a sentinel, these will attack scorpion even if you are being dragged on the floor, and the radial stun from wyrm can interrupt them.