Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Amaryn - Predator/hunter Warframe

Barges

Yes, I realize this has been done before. However, I wanted to put my own idea for a predator/hunter frame out there, as I had some ideas for it that I'm relatively sure haven't been done before. This warframe is meant to be able to be used for stealth, but also to be effective when playing aggressively. Without further ado - Amaryn!

Stats

Power: 100

Shield: 25

Health: 200

Armor: 50

Speed: 1.2

Abilities

Stalk

(Toggled)

Initial cost: 15

Cost per second: 1 on ground, 2 on walls, 3 on ceiling

Amaryn shifts onto all fours, moving slightly slower that a sprint. While using Stalk, Amaryn can crawl up walls and along ceilings. He is also harder for enemies to spot. Disabling the ability while targeting an enemy will cause Amaryn to leap onto the enemy, dealing slash damage. Deals equivalent damage to performing a stealth melee attack if the enemy is unalerted.

Instinct

(Toggled)

Initial cost: 10

Cost per second: 2

Environment becomes dull and colorless, and nearby enemies are highlighted in your energy color, even through walls. Enemies' fields of view are also highlighted as a semi-transparent cone extending a few meters in front of them. Looking directly at an enemy for a second will cause a bright spot to appear somewhere on them (only visible when using Instinct) that, when hit, will deal an extra 50/60/70/80% damage.

Scavenger

Cost: 50

All corpses within 6/8/10/12 meters are consumed, replenishing 10/15/20/25 health to Amaryn and nearby allies for each enemy corpse consumed. A small amount of ammo will also be replenished, based on the weapons the enemies were using.

Maul

Initial cost: 25

Cost per enemy: 10

Amaryn crouches down, ready to pounce. Targeting a nearby enemy and pressing the fire button will leap onto the enemy, dealing a large amount of initial damage, and dealing continuous damage over 5 seconds. This is silent, and deals more damage to unalerted enemies. If you aim at another enemy and press the fire button within 5 seconds of beginning to maul the previous enemy, you will leap to them and maul them at the cost of 10 energy. This can be continued indefinitely as long as you have enough energy and there are enough enemies nearby. Mauling enemies also replenishes 10/15/20/25 health for each enemy killed.

Thanks for reading! Any suggestions for improvements are welcome.

Yes, I realize this has been done before. However, I wanted to put my own idea for a predator/hunter frame out there, as I had some ideas for it that I'm relatively sure haven't been done before. This warframe is meant to be able to be used for stealth, but also to be effective when playing aggressively. Without further ado - Amaryn!

Stats

Power: 100

Shield: 25

Health: 200

Armor: 50

Speed: 1.2

Abilities

Stalk

(Toggled)

Initial cost: 15

Cost per second: 1 on ground, 2 on walls, 3 on ceiling

Amaryn shifts onto all fours, moving slightly slower that a sprint. While using Stalk, Amaryn can crawl up walls and along ceilings. He is also harder for enemies to spot. Disabling the ability while targeting an enemy will cause Amaryn to leap onto the enemy, dealing slash damage. Deals equivalent damage to performing a stealth melee attack if the enemy is unalerted.

Instinct

(Toggled)

Initial cost: 10

Cost per second: 2

Environment becomes dull and colorless, and nearby enemies are highlighted in your energy color, even through walls. Enemies' fields of view are also highlighted as a semi-transparent cone extending a few meters in front of them. Looking directly at an enemy for a second will cause a bright spot to appear somewhere on them (only visible when using Instinct) that, when hit, will deal an extra 50/60/70/80% damage.

Scavenger

Cost: 50

All corpses within 6/8/10/12 meters are consumed, replenishing 10/15/20/25 health to Amaryn and nearby allies for each enemy corpse consumed. A small amount of ammo will also be replenished, based on the weapons the enemies were using.

Maul

Initial cost: 25

Cost per enemy: 10

Amaryn crouches down, ready to pounce. Targeting a nearby enemy and pressing the fire button will leap onto the enemy, dealing a large amount of initial damage, and dealing continuous damage over 5 seconds. This is silent, and deals more damage to unalerted enemies. If you aim at another enemy and press the fire button within 5 seconds of beginning to maul the previous enemy, you will leap to them and maul them at the cost of 10 energy. This can be continued indefinitely as long as you have enough energy and there are enough enemies nearby. Mauling enemies also replenishes 10/15/20/25 health for each enemy killed.

Thanks for reading! Any suggestions for improvements are welcome.

The problems with Stalk are all over the place, not the least of which being that the current AI don't have very sophisticated vision. And I'm not sure why you would have an ability which requires you to be near an unalerted enemy to do an attack which equals a stealth finisher... when you could just do a stealth finisher under those conditions.

I think instinct is a good idea, but the mark could either be reworked or removed. It's basically a much, MUCH worse version of Sonar/ that thing that Helios does that I can't remember the name of.

Scavenger's ammo regain wouldn't work the way you describe based on how the game handles corpses. As for the health regain, that seems more than a little overpowered on paper, but I'd be interested to see how that goes in-game. The question is, would consumed corpses troll Nekros?

Maul sounds interesting, but ineffective. Not only are there better ways to chain stealth kills, but that would absolutely catch the attention of the AI, even if it were silent. It's just how the AI are at the moment.