Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tier 3 Void Key

CormacMccarthy

Also - as someone who ran M-prime 50 times and didn't get a single key

I would like to stop you before you run out and attempt to farm m-prime for keys - it is a jackpot/lottery win to actually get a key from there.

I did the work for you.  Just appreciate my sacrifice of an hour to tell you how "rare" they are and move on.  -.-,

... and therein lies Warframe's biggest problem.

Zero progression.

This process is 100x more preferable to a system like vauban/ the glaive.

I am at least playing the game in order to increase my chances of winning.

With the alert system it is RNG based on my real life and thats not fun.  I have 0 control over that.

With in game RNG I can at least attempt to get the key 50 times.  Since running m-prime i've gotten 2 keys from defense missions at wave 10.  

This process is 100x more preferable to a system like vauban/ the glaive.

I am at least playing the game in order to increase my chances of winning.

With the alert system it is RNG based on my real life and thats not fun.  I have 0 control over that.

With in game RNG I can at least attempt to get the key 50 times.  Since running m-prime i've gotten 2 keys from defense missions at wave 10.

I'm not advocating the alert system either; that is just as lacking in progression.

I'm referring to the kind of progression system present in every diablo-esque hack and slash rpg.

1) Kill mobs

2) use xp & drops to advance level and gear

3) enabling the player to kill higher tier mobs, to get better drops & larger xp increases.

At the moment Warframe's progression is flat / almost completely absent.

I'm not advocating the alert system either; that is just as lacking in progression.

I'm referring to the kind of progression system present in every diablo-esque hack and slash rpg.

1) Kill mobs

2) use xp & drops to advance level and gear

3) enabling the player to kill higher tier mobs, to get better drops & larger xp increases.

At the moment Warframe's progression is flat / almost completely absent.

You do realize this is how the progression works in warframe as well right ? Especially with this polarizing system we have now. The base format of progression you speak of , ends up in pointless hours of grinding xp to reach a maximum level most players will never obtain.

Warframe takes this a step further, it allows people to feel like they've accomplished something by keeping the max rank 30, while still allowing you to feel like you've progressed because you incrimentally improve the power of each of your items and frames the way YOU want to. Not the way you're forced to move down a single path per class in each game mindlessly grinding mobs for 1% xp per DAY, and you want to call that progression ? The progression is fine, especially after u8. It's your understanding of how the progression works that becomes the problem. Your progression comes in the form of polarity slots , dojo rooms, more weapons and the actual grind of farming fusion cores to increase that vitality past 240%

That simply isn't the case in Warframe though.

- the most valuable mods can drop from even the lowliest mob, so there's no reason to progress.

- a level 7 (level 4 if potatoed) frame can equip and use maxed out ultimates capable of killing the highest tier mobs

- maxed out weapons can be equipped on virgin frames, allowing you to kill anything you like regardless of its level, or your own.

As challenge increases, so should reward, thereby creating the motivation to take on the harder challenges.

At the moment the only motivation to progress is the pokemon 'gotta catch them all' effect; there is no mechanical gameplay motivation to do so.

I just got a Tier 3 void Raid key as a reward on M Prime- Mercury... awesome. just wanted to let people know that they do drop anywhere.

Also - as someone who ran M-prime 50 times and didn't get a single key

I would like to stop you before you run out and attempt to farm m-prime for keys - it is a jackpot/lottery win to actually get a key from there.

I did the work for you.  Just appreciate my sacrifice of an hour to tell you how "rare" they are and move on.  -.-,

Excuse me all ladies and gents for second of your time, but this illustrates exactly the issue at hand...

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/45426-please-read-this-before-posting-about-drop-rates/

As challenge increases, so should reward, thereby creating the motivation to take on the harder challenges.

At the moment the only motivation to progress is the pokemon 'gotta catch them all' effect; there is no mechanical gameplay motivation to do so.

THIS^

A friend and I sometimes farm pluto defense  why? Cause we would like to get the raid 3 key...now...it very well says in the wiki that level doesn't really matter same rng...but shouldn't it? People don't usually play pluto and why? Cause you have the same chances everywhere else sooo no reason to challenge on harder planets as well as the same reason no one goes further in defense missions...they should make it so every 5 waves the chances get an extra like 5 percent towards a key(im saying any key to make it more reasonable BUT a tier 3 would be appreciated nudge nudge wink wink hint int say no more)