Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Concept: Aten, The Radiant (Update 11/1/15, Art And Augments!)

(PSN)Cerata_

(Update: 11/1/15: Augments! Artwork! )
WnoNOGr.png

"This is Aten, the radiant, the divine. Master of light. Aten's abilities allow him to deal heavy radial damage to enemies, while providing safe zones for allies in need.

Name: In Egyptian mythology, Aten was a sun god, who for a time was worshiped instead of Ra, before the two were combined into a single deity.

Role: AOE damage-dealer

Appearance: (Art by the wonderful and fabulous EvergreenmindShe's so sweet and awesome. If you haven't seen her stuff, check out her art thread here: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/550516-evergreenminds-art-thread-updated-27102015-new-info/ )

qSxaSyt.png

Stats:
HEALTH: 150 (450 max)
POWER: 150 (225 max)
SHIELD CAPACITY: 75 (225 max)
ARMOR: 300
SPRINT SPEED: 1.0
POLARITIES: 1 V, 1 - 1 D
AURA POLARITY: V

Passive: Eternal light:
-50% proc duration
-50% damage from explosive weapons

Abilities:

1. Flare. 25 Energy

Aten shoots forward in a straight light towards his reticle, increasing his speed to 40 / 42 / 44 / 48 meters per second over a duration of 0.35 seconds. Aten passes through enemies. Enemies touched or within 1.5 / 1.6 / 1.8 / 2 meters of Aten are dealt 150 / 200 / 250/ 300 damage, split evenly between radiation and heat. Damage is affected by Power Strength. Flare has a 25%/50%/75%/100% chance to proc one of either damage type. Once Aten reaches his location, he releases a radial heat/radiation blast dealing 150/250/350/450 damage in a 2.5/5/7.5/10 meter radius. Aten's health is immune to damage while Flare is active.
Effected by Range, Duration and Efficiency

Augment: Blinding Flare

Flare's final explosion blinds enemies within a ten meter radius.

2. Sunspot. 50 Energy

Aten creates a dark circle wherever he's aiming, with a radius of 2.5/5/7.5/10 meters. Allies within this circle are rendered invisible while they remain inside of the sunspot. Ability lasts for 5/7/10/15 seconds. When Sunspot expires, it explodes into a blind with a range of 5/10/15/20 meters, affected by LOS. The explosion also procs the magnetic effect.

Effected by Range, Duration and Efficiency

Augment: Blindspot

The Sunspot now moves with Aten, but suffers a reduced max range of 10 meters. 

3. Corona. 25 Energy per cast, 5 energy/s

Aten glows with piercing light, dealing a single instance of 25/50/75/100 Puncture damage within a range of 10/15/20/25 meters with guaranteed proc on cast, followed by 25/50/75/125 damage per second, alternating between Heat and Radiation every tick.

Effected by Range, Efficiency, Duration and strength.

Augment: Unstable Corona

Upon disabling Corona, Aten creates an explosion dealing 300 damage with a 100% chance to proc Blast 

4. Solar Maximum. 50 Energy per cast, 10 energy/s
"Don't stare, Tenno."

Aten turns his scolding gaze towards the enemy, staggering enemies on cast, sacrificing movement speed, parkour and use of his weapons for a ray of incredible power, dealing 125/250/375/500 combination

Radiation and heat damage to any enemy within Aten's LOS. Enemies under the effect of Solar Maximum take double damage from the skill for every second they are effected.

Effected by, Duration, Efficiency, Strength.

Augment: Maximum Carnage

Enemies killed while under the effect of Solar Maximum explode, dealing 500 heat damage around them, and creating a fire hazard on ground the which lasts for 6 seconds at max. 

(As always, values are subject to change, this is an eternal WIP, so constructive comments are welcome!)

Edited by (PS4)spider59234

I personally really like this idea. The last two abilities seem a little too strong. Maybe adjust 3 to 150 max or 125 max and 4 to 500 max. Unless it's not damage per second in which case carry on. This seems really well thought out and the stats all fit into the game very well so good job.

Yeah, after thinking about it more I definitely agree with you, especially with Solar Maximum's damage buff mechanic. Adjusting for balance, thanks for the feedback and kind words :D

okay first off i really like the 2 and 4. ive always wanted a death ray frame! and sun spot just seems like a unique and fun skill to use!

Not much for me to say here, it's pretty unique, not too strong but not weak. all i might ask is that the 4 scale with weapon damage in some way. it bothers me to no end that spectral scream from chroma is so weak and you cant use your gun while doing it. you just dont want a skill that inhibits use of a gun be outdone by a gun, because then whats the point of using it.

I too have a star frame lurking in the depths of the forums, though mine is very different. GJ here, i really like the kit. seems well put togehter. i'd be a little disappointing if DE didn't at least use a few of these ideas.

okay first off i really like the 2 and 4. ive always wanted a death ray frame! and sun spot just seems like a unique and fun skill to use!

Not much for me to say here, it's pretty unique, not too strong but not weak. all i might ask is that the 4 scale with weapon damage in some way. it bothers me to no end that spectral scream from chroma is so weak and you cant use your gun while doing it. you just dont want a skill that inhibits use of a gun be outdone by a gun, because then whats the point of using it.

I too have a star frame lurking in the depths of the forums, though mine is very different. GJ here, i really like the kit. seems well put togehter. i'd be a little disappointing if DE didn't at least use a few of these ideas.

Thanks for the detailed feedback!

I hadn't considered having the 4's damage scale with mods, I'm going to look into it, adjust things so it's not hilariously op.

• 4 weeks later...

One of the better concepts I have seen, both in terms of aesthetics and power set. I agree with the earlier sentiment that powers 3 and 4 may be too strong to be balanced - 3 is much like Radial Javelin but with a 100% lasting AOE status effect(?). Also power 4 (costing only 50 to activate) sounds much too spammable for an ult. Consider making it 75 to activate and costing 7 or 7.5/s

Edited by ShareSharqi

One of the better concepts I have seen, both in terms of aesthetics and power set. I agree with the earlier sentiment that powers 3 and 4 may be too strong to be balanced - 3 is much like Radial Javelin but with a 100% lasting AOE status effect(?). Also power 4 (costing only 50 to activate) sounds much too spammable for an ult. Consider making it 75 to activate and costing 7 or 7.5/s

Hi, thanks for the feedback.

Corona's puncture proc only occurs once when the ability is first cast. It's burst damage is much lower than radial javelin, and the intent is that you keep it on constantly. So I personally think the ability falls within current game balance. Though perhaps I could limit it's range a bit?

Solar Maximum would already be the most expensive channeling power in the game. The intent isn't to spam it, as the initial damage is quite low. The idea is that you keep it on and focus on melting powerful enemies, using its damage doubling debuff. It's not a nuke, it's a death-ray. I'm actually trying to figure out how to make it scale better...

Edited by (PS4)spider59234

This is a really cool concept and I would actually like to see something like this in the game. My one nitpick is that people hate abilities that limit movement. However, that ability is so damn strong that it seems like a reasonable drawback. I guess if it was that much of an issue, you could blind everybody and/or use Shade to cast it safely. Yeah, maybe the numbers need to be toned back just a bit, but it's a fantastic concept. Nicely done.

This is a really cool concept and I would actually like to see something like this in the game. My one nitpick is that people hate abilities that limit movement. However, that ability is so damn strong that it seems like a reasonable drawback. I guess if it was that much of an issue, you could blind everybody and/or use Shade to cast it safely. Yeah, maybe the numbers need to be toned back just a bit, but it's a fantastic concept. Nicely done.

Thanks for the feedback!

Yeah, it's very difficult making a good scaling damage ability that isn't scary op or too weak. I'm hoping it'll be better when scaling gets rebalanced.

I'd use it, although I'm confused about if it's a guy or girl, was refered to as a girl, but looks like a guy, and I'm pretty sure the God he/she is based on is a guy

Nvm on the girl referring part(derp moment), still never clarified unless I'm blind

Edited by (XB1)Master4733

I'd use it, although I'm confused about if it's a guy or girl, was refered to as a girl, but looks like a guy, and I'm pretty sure the God he/she is based on is a guy

Nvm on the girl referring part(derp moment), still never clarified unless I'm blind

lol. Don't worry, you're correct, Aten is intended as a male frame.