Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dealing With Large Reward Pools

Arkaster

Just so I'm clear, this idea is meant for the "?" alerts and the void, assuming the reward pool for the void gets much larger at some point. 

As the rewards work right now, we're given one item and take it, regardless of how many Reaper handles or Latron stocks we already have. I suggest giving players a choice of one item out of about two to five random items, depending on the amount of possible rewards within the pool, without duplicates in the selection (a player wouldn't be offered more than one of any given item at a time). For example, once the mission is completed, players are each given their own choice of item, there is no voting and everyone gets what they choose. Let's say one player finishes a "?" alert and is offered an Energy Siphon, Ceramic Dagger blueprint, and a Dark Sword blueprint. The player will have to select one to receive, but will have to do more "?" alerts in order to get any other items he wants.

This allows for some rng while not crushing players with huge pools of rewards.

Nah, the whole point of RNG is to able to give the dev more money. Imagine if it was like the OP said, everyone will have what they wanted in less than 15 void runs lol. While I like this idea, I highly doubt the possibility of it getting into the game

I too would like to see any sort of "?" missions give a selection of two or three items to pick from rather than just shoving one into your inventory every time.  But I also see it being damaging to DE's wallet, so don't think it's something they'd consider.

When I say the reward pool gets larger, I mean over 20 possible drops would be a conservative estimate. I can't imagine DE leaving the void as is or even stopping at doubling the amount of possible rewards. That's just a guess, but I doubt people will be buying void keys for too long as is now that they're getting the parts they want and so DE will likely be looking for ways to sell more keys. On top of that, rare items would still be somewhat difficult to come by. Will this hurt DE's earnings? Yes, assuming they wouldn't lose more from people not buying as many keys because there's a ludicrous amount of rewards to pick through.

With regards to Void rewards, the current content would be burned through far too quickly. The system as is right now is problematic too, though: There's little incentive to keep doing Void missions once you have all the equipment, except to get Forma. And those are... still very rare, as far as I know.

I know you mean when there's a larger drop pool, I just think it's still ultimately less than ideal. There will come a point when even given a choice, you will barely ever get the things you want - it's the nature of adding more rewards to the Void's drop pool.

Edited by Quetzhal

While I understand why people would like this, personally what I would like to see is individual rewards for alerts with a reducing percentage chance of getting dupes. Say you get a heat sword bp, and if you got it again it would lower your chance of getting it yet again by 5% etc so on so forth. I don't think the problem is so much duplicates as it is getting 50 of one item, 10 of another and 0 of another. It should be random, but at some point enough is enough.